Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Allergies?

ladyzucchini

Lairian
I recently relocated my hairless lady to denver and after about 2 months it appears she’s developed allergies? Started out with coughing and wheezing so vet prescribed antibiotics which did nothing, then went back and determined it to be “asthma” so she’s been on steroids now for about 10 days. The roids seemed to be helping but now as of the past 3 days she’s been uncontrollably sneezing and has a watery eye! What does it mean?! I’m calling the vet again I’m just worried they don’t know what they’re doing :(

Natalie Murphy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sorry to hear this can I ask when she sneezes is she producing a hug amount of mucus. That is dark in colour. Basically a solid amount of snot

ladyzucchini

Lairian
Sorry to hear this can I ask when she sneezes is she producing a hug amount of mucus. That is dark in colour. Basically a solid amount of snot
She doesn’t produce any mucus and the watering eye is totally clear! Really bizarre :/ it’s just a clear stream of water from her left eye only.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@ladyzucchini , did vet rule out a URI? perhaps a stress uri from the move??
@Catzzzmeow

do you have a video to share ?? mine had a "reverse sneeze" seasonal allergies. I showed vet the video when I took him in. She prescribed chlortabs (dosage instructions based on weight)... never an issue again.

my one adoptee had a stress URI ... meds and all cleared up
hugs n positive vibes... pls keep us updated