Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Almost gotcha day!! Got a question??

NycoleD

Lairian
I was in contact with my breeder today and he gave me the gotcha day for friday at 2pm...he have us the option of meeting him at the vet for that time along with another person who is picking up their Na-kid also.
He stated that it's the last shots and checkup and we could talk with the vet etc and can save us on making the 72 hour vet check which in turn saves us money...very nice thought? Or a little weird? This man has been amazing this whole experience and 8 have no reason no to distrust him. He gave us the vet name and number right off the hop so we knew who my baby was seeing for all of his shots and fixing!!
Has anyone had this offered to them? Or what would u do!!
Screenshot_20180422-224917_Samsung Experience Home.jpg

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Yay gotcha day is set! Woohoo let the countdown begin.
Sounds like a great idea to meet him at the vet and speak to the vet yourself. Specially since you say everything goes well with the breeder and you trust the breeder. I wouldn't be afraid the vet will keep things behind for you cause he knows the breeder. The vet is a professional and will do his/her job in the best way for the pets.

But that's just my thought about this. Most important is you feel good about the way things are arranged for gotcha day!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@NycoleD , ah! So exciting !
I personally like the idea of meeting at the vet

For peace of mind . just me , I would go to my own vet within the 72 hours amd bring a stool sample for a fecal check .

It's a good way to establish a baseline relationship with your vet and for them to meet your baby!
I schedule the vet wellness check in advance since the vets office gets busy .

I also ask my vet to do an added extra listen to the heart for any murmurs -
keeping in mind kitties can have ghost murmurs they outgrow

If you are buying pet insurance , They may require a wellness check - so I would kindly ask for copies of any records
From the vet where you may be meeting om Gotcha day
( I don't have pet insurance since mine were adult adoptees
Their chart notes could have "pre existing " interpretations so I just got a care credit card
Which has to be handled very carefully or it will bite in the bumm in interest )

I can't believe gotcha day is right around the corner ! Sooo exciting !

Keep us updated often ! We want lots of gotcha pics!

Last edited:

Yoda mom

Staff member
@NycoleD , oh I just love love those eyes , coloring and curl tail move!
My Batman whips his tail around like a monkey in all kinds of positions
Especially when he is happy and running around like a nut !

Will be watching carefully for those gotcha updates!

Back