Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Already hooked!

un33dit

Lairian
My wife and I just put a deposit down on a kitten :BigSmile:

I'm already trying to talk her into purchasing the sister of the kitten :Wink:

-Gary

wundrlust

Lairian
Most definately! You must have at lease 2 so they have each other when you are gone, so they have each other to discuss the issues surrounding their humans, make plans to create havock and best of all...double the love!!!

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Never take that first fix of heroi, ehum, sphynx. You'll always come back for more.

They may destroy your belongings, wake you in the mornings at ungodly hours, claw you at bath time or ruining you social life since you don't wanna leave your home but still you'll come back for more.

Ahicks99

Banned
My Gosh I can see why you are hooked. Thats an amazing baby as you avater. Absolutely beautiful!!! Congratulations would love to see more pics.

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Witha picture like that I would get 2!!!! We at the lair always say "The more the happier":LOL::LOL::LOL: When do you get your bundle(s) of joy?

Gizzymom

Banned
Your new baby is gorgeous!! I have to admit... 2 kittens sounds like fun! I have 1 male and he wants no other creature near his mama, so therefore, he is an only child... so do it sooner rather than later!

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Most people on the forum have at least two. The people that have one are always looking for another. I only have one, but I wish I had two. When the time is right, I'm getting another. If you and your wife are anything like me, and most of the members here, then definitely get two. It would be good for kitty to have a playmate anyway.

NightSpidy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I begged my hubby to get one and by the time we were ready to take him home, we went home with 2 cuz my hubby fell in love with one!!!!!! I think 2 are better than one. They will have each other to play with when no humans are around and I think they transition to the new environment better with a littermate. Plus, having 2, it is so much fun to watch when they rip through the house playing and then when they snuggle with you.....awwwwww. It's the best. I'd love to get 2 more! :LOL:

Gizzymom

Banned
Most people on the forum have at least two. The people that have one are always looking for another. I only have one, but I wish I had two. When the time is right, I'm getting another. If you and your wife are anything like me, and most of the members here, then definitely get two. It would be good for kitty to have a playmate anyway.

But don't you just love that Butterballs thinks the world of you?? He may get jealous if you bring another one in. That is what I am afraid of. And since Gizzy is 7... he is set in his ways and I would NEVER do anything to upset him...

TotenEngel

Banned
We have 4 boys at the moment, 3 furries and just the one lil sphynxy, we are looking to move house very soon and I keep telling my husband a bigger house means more cats!
Poor man thinks I am joking!!!:LOL:

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
But don't you just love that Butterballs thinks the world of you?? He may get jealous if you bring another one in. That is what I am afraid of. And since Gizzy is 7... he is set in his ways and I would NEVER do anything to upset him...

I've been thinking about that. I feel like the longer I wait, the more Butternuts will resent getting a bro/sis/girlfriend. Then I remember that he's so docile. He's not aggressive to anyone or anything. He never hisses. I've never put him together with other cats but he rules the roost with dogs. Dogs don't phase that little booger one bit.

Gizzymom

Banned
I've been thinking about that. I feel like the longer I wait, the more Butternuts will resent getting a bro/sis/girlfriend. Then I remember that he's so docile. He's not aggressive to anyone or anything. He never hisses. I've never put him together with other cats but he rules the roost with dogs. Dogs don't phase that little booger one bit.

How old is Mr. Buttersworth?? :Laugh:

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Nice to meet you. Your baby is gorgeous. I used to have 2 but currently have 1 and am on a waiting list for a baby. So I vote for 2.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I had the option of getting two when I first got Snuffie,,could have gotten her adorable brother but we waited. Looking back,,not that I don't adore SoBe but it would have been so much easier on Snuffie if we had just brought her brother along to begin with. Because within months after having her I wanted a dozen more! lol

SoBe has finally won Snuffie over tho, they get along great now thankfully.

Gullivers Keeper

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
We have 4 boys at the moment, 3 furries and just the one lil sphynxy, we are looking to move house very soon and I keep telling my husband a bigger house means more cats!
Poor man thinks I am joking!!!:LOL:

Teehee we have 2 furries and 2 nakeds and the situation is exactly the same!!!! :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Same here as well. I was laid off last January and we had to down size to a smaller home. We currently have Snuffie and SoBe. If it weren't for my limited income and this small up everyones butt house (can you tell Im not happy? lol) then I'd have atleast 2 more of these babies!

When your used to a certain paycheck every month and the small luxuries of life it can be quite a shock to have it all gone in a matter of a 10 minute meeting!

un33dit

Lairian
Follow up four years later... I lost the cats in the divorce that ensued shortly after we got the kittens. I am now all settled and just bought two new kitties! We won't get to pick them up until late August early September. We are getting a black male and a torti female. Can't wait to bring them home!
uploadfromtaptalk1405797619453.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1405797631016.jpg

Back