Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Always hungry!

Wombat1017

Lairian
My cat is about to turn a year old in a week and she’s ALWAYS hungry! She looks on the floor for stuff to eat and tries to steal our food off our plates, our dogs food when they eat, our other cats food, and our other animals food. Literally she tries to eat everything she can and she’s becoming over weight. Recently she tricked our roommate into feeding her by crying all day until he feeds her which means she was getting 1 and a half cup of food daily until he told us. She eats ziwipeak airdried food mixed with vital essential mini nibs and sometimes a raw patty from small batch. She also gets these supplement powders for really no reason other than our breeder told us to give it to her lol. She doesn’t have worms or anything like that but it’s becoming absolutely ridiculous and one of our dogs is extremely food aggressive. If anyone has any tips or advice I’d really appreciate it !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoda mom

Staff member
We have many food cravers and thieves her on the lair

Surely members will chime in

I feed my kitties away from my big dogs . I don’t free feed the dogs .not sure if you do .
They are not food aggressive But my job is to keep all paws safe so I feed at different times locations ..
Can you put her food up on a counter or kitchen cart set up just for her ?

Beckinboots

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I have the same problem with Rankle. I feed all of my kitties in separate rooms. Some I have to shut the door completely, others I can sprinkle a few cat biscuits on the floor so they're occupied trying to hoover those up rather than being focused on stealing from their siblings. We have to shut Rankle out of the room when we feed the dog as dog is very food defensive and Rankle has no fear!

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Is it possible to feed that seperatly? How many times a day you feed your girl?

Wombat1017

Lairian
We have many food cravers and thieves her on the lair

Surely members will chime in

I feed my kitties away from my big dogs . I don’t free feed the dogs .not sure if you do .
They are not food aggressive But my job is to keep all paws safe so I feed at different times locations ..
Can you put her food up on a counter or kitchen cart set up just for her ?
She eats on a counter and all the animals eat separately at different times of the day but she’s crazy with it and I’m not sure why when she was a kitten she never acted like this also I don’t free feed anyone but she’s escape from the room to eat ANYTHING she can I’ll try to get a video

Wombat1017

Lairian
I have the same problem with Rankle. I feed all of my kitties in separate rooms. Some I have to shut the door completely, others I can sprinkle a few cat biscuits on the floor so they're occupied trying to hoover those up rather than being focused on stealing from their siblings. We have to shut Rankle out of the room when we feed the dog as dog is very food defensive and Rankle has no fear!
I’ve tried to sprinkle treats around the room to distract her bc I feed all of my animals in different rooms at different times usually but she knows how to escape and won’t even eat the treats bc she wants their food

Wombat1017

Lairian
Is it possible to feed that seperatly? How many times a day you feed your girl?
I feed her twice a day and I feed them all separately but she figures out a way to escape every time it’s super frustrating bc I have huge dogs that really would hurt her or each other if a fight happens

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My cat is about to turn a year old in a week and she’s ALWAYS hungry! She looks on the floor for stuff to eat and tries to steal our food off our plates, our dogs food when they eat, our other cats food, and our other animals food. Literally she tries to eat everything she can and she’s becoming over weight. Recently she tricked our roommate into feeding her by crying all day until he feeds her which means she was getting 1 and a half cup of food daily until he told us. She eats ziwipeak airdried food mixed with vital essential mini nibs and sometimes a raw patty from small batch. She also gets these supplement powders for really no reason other than our breeder told us to give it to her lol. She doesn’t have worms or anything like that but it’s becoming absolutely ridiculous and one of our dogs is extremely food aggressive. If anyone has any tips or advice I’d really appreciate it !!

Hello !
I have cleo who is very fussy and not a big eater in fact I always feel she doesn’t eat enough .. then I have Mr Bagins who would eAt anything and everything ! He annoys me because he takes all the jelly or gravy off his own then goes to cleo’s he tries to steal from our plates or from the work tops ,
I guess they like us hoomans some of us eat more than others lol
Xxx❤❤❤Xxx