Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Always licking us question...

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Ok I have read about our babies doing this to us often. But Snuggles seems to be doing this ALOT. anytime we hold him he goes crazy and if I let him I am sure he would lick our whole face or all of our fingers. Is there something going on here?

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sophie only licks my hand/face sometimes but when she does she seems to go into a frenzy about it and does it for a while.

Does Snuggles lick other things like inanimate objects? My guess is its not a problem unless he starts licking all things as that could indicate a nutrition deficiency. I'm not an expert at all but when my parents dogs did this that's what it was. I'm sure others can give you some input also.

He sounds so loving! :Smile:

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
No he doesnt lick anything else that I have seen. So maybe its just him loving us:Laugh:

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Ha ha! You will get sore skin with all that sandpaper tongue on you! Mo doesn't really lick at all, my bengal does though!

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So I guess Its just me being worried that something was wrong I guess. Thats good!!

Jocy24

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Harry licks occasionally but he does show his crazy sphynx love by waking me up every morning by vigorously rubbing my face with his. He gets high up on my chest to do it and then rubs and rubs. Sometimes he'll even lay down on my chest and squirm and roll over. The whole time he purrs sooo much that he gets drool on me. When he finishes rubbing my face he tucks his head into my neck or lays it on my face and will lay there for as long as I let him. I guess he's one guy who's not ashamed to show the depth of his feelings. :Laugh:

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Harry licks occasionally but he does show his crazy sphynx love by waking me up every morning by vigorously rubbing my face with his. He gets high up on my chest to do it and then rubs and rubs. Sometimes he'll even lay down on my chest and squirm and roll over. The whole time he purrs sooo much that he gets drool on me. When he finishes rubbing my face he tucks his head into my neck or lays it on my face and will lay there for as long as I let him. I guess he's one guy who's not ashamed to show the depth of his feelings. :Laugh:

Aww that is so precious!! Very sweet boy!!:Cool:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Snuggles is still A baby so I think she is licking because of that and she is remembering what she did with her mommy. As she gets older she will still lick but just A bit less.

Brooke

Banned
Snuggles is still A baby so I think she is licking because of that and she is remembering what she did with her mommy. As she gets older she will still lick but just A bit less.

I don't know...remember Helen is 8 years old and licked the skin right off my arm once!! :LOL: :Dizzy:

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Well I am very glad to hear this is normal :Woo: Thanks for all the replies! I love seeing all the lovely stories of the babies licking everyone :Surprise::Laugh:

Jocy24

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I don't know...remember Helen is 8 years old and licked the skin right off my arm once!! :LOL: :Dizzy:

You should open the Sphynx Lair Skin Rejuvination Center and earn money from the all natural exfoliating quality of kitty tongues. :Worn-out: Take 10 years off your skin instantly!

Brooke

Banned
You should open the Sphynx Lair Skin Rejuvination Center and earn money from the all natural exfoliating quality of kitty tongues. :Worn-out: Take 10 years off your skin instantly!

:LOL::LOL: More like, "take 10 LAYERS off your skin instantly!!! :Dizzy:

myspecialboy

Lairian
Sophie only licks my hand/face sometimes but when she does she seems to go into a frenzy about it and does it for a while.

Does Snuggles lick other things like inanimate objects? My guess is its not a problem unless he starts licking all things as that could indicate a nutrition deficiency. I'm not an expert at all but when my parents dogs did this that's what it was. I'm sure others can give you some input also.

He sounds so loving! :Smile:

Chad licks everything and my vet thought it was a nutritional thing. He would lick/eat the carpet and blankets, etc. and throw up "hairballs" every so often. She had me change his food to include more wet, get him more interactive toys (in case he was doing this out of boredom) and to rotate his toys every so often. Also, she said I should try the Greenies treats because he tends to not chew smaller ones. We tried all of this and I think it's decided that he has an oral fixation. I just put away the blankets that he eats when I'm gone and redirect him when I'm home, which helps, but I still keep my eye out for more tips.

Back