Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Am I obssesive?

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Okay...Is there anyone else out there who panics if it has been more than a few minutes since you saw ALL you kitties? I find myself searching frantically if I only spot one and not the other. I think I was more relaxed raising my kids..lol

silly4lilly

Lairian
Okay...Is there anyone else out there who panics if it has been more than a few minutes since you saw ALL you kitties? I find myself searching frantically if I only spot one and not the other. I think I was more relaxed raising my kids..lol

i do! especially if its reallllyyy quiet for more than 10 minutes... i am like where are the cats!!!!! they have a tendency to go in closets or cabinets when i open them and i have closed them in there a few times!!!! :Sweat:

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I find myself constantly doing "head counts" too, especially when there are visitors in the house or anyone who might not be used to shutting doors so cats don't get out. Bayleigh especially must enjoy seeing me freak out because she's constantly finding places to hide. One time she hid so well that I couldn't find her and I started crying and panicking. I even called my sister sobbing that Bayleigh was lost!! Turns out she had wedged herself under my nightstand==she was probably laughing at me the whole time! lol Every time I leave the house and every time I get home, each cat has to be accounted for and kissed on the forehead :BigSmile:

PitRottMommy

Banned

I do the same. All because I'm sure if they're not on me...someone is the lookout and two others are getting into some mischief!

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I only have one and I panic! If she is not in my sight or not where I expect to find her I get so nervous!

Brooke

Banned
I'm not sure that's ever happened to me! Seriously, whenever I walk anywhere in the house, I have four little naked shadows chasing me - even when I go to the bathroom, there they are, watching! The only time they ever leave me is to go to the litter box and then they come right back.

I would definitely think something was wrong if one of them wasn't nearby! :Sweat:

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm not sure that's ever happened to me! Seriously, whenever I walk anywhere in the house, I have four little naked shadows chasing me - even when I go to the bathroom, there they are, watching! The only time they ever leave me is to go to the litter box and then they come right back.

I would definitely think something was wrong if one of them wasn't nearby! :Sweat:

Yes to the bathroom. I shower with the door a bit open so she can come in if she wants. I just showered and she wasn't in the bathroom so my obsessive part kicked in and I peek out the door and there in the darkness is this cat-oyle (cat gargoyle) sitting on the chair staring at me in the darkness. :LOL: I think we stalk each other.

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Ok so I won't be buying the ticket for the crazy train. They tend to get themseves locked into places too...especially nosy Jack.

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I can't relax if I can't see both my cats! Lola tends to go in places and get trapped, if Mo isn't about it usually means he's in his litter tray - so i usually rush to see if he 'requies any assistance' (especially if I have visitors!)

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
If you're crazy, then so are the rest of us here! :Dizzy: I always have to check to see where my cats are, especially Piglet. I don't know for sure why I worry about her more, but I think it's because I've haven't had her as long as I've had my Siamese cats (I'm more familiar with my Siamese cats' habits and hiding places than I am with Piglet's). Also, anytime I have to leave the house (even for work every weekday), I have to check to make sure all of the cats are accounted for and okay before I go out the door. It's exhausting worrying about the cats as much as I do...sigh. :Woo:

tessblack

Banned
Totally understand, once I close the dryer or washer I have to go check for both kitties before I start it. It is weird because I never worried this much with my other hairy kitties.

tess

susi794

Staff member
I'm nuts too then. I don't need to know where mine are every second, but if it's been awhile, I go looking. Mine are all pretty mouthy though--if they get somewhere they are worried about, they start meowing for mommy to come rescue them--which I gladly do. Mine have heated bassinettes they all like to crowd into, so it's usually not hard to find them, but sometimes they go into snuggle sacks--and if they're sleeping I have a hissy fit because I can't locate them. I always triple check the dryer before I start it. Have heard horror stories about that, so got paranoid about that from the very beginning.
Lulu darted out the door when I let my dogs out last night and ran around in the snow--went under the deck and I couldn't get her and she didn't come to me. She thought it was a great adventure--I, on the other hand, was covered in snowy dog poop, bawling my eyes out, crawling on the ground with my face in the snow, calling her like a lunatic, thinking she'd freeze to death before she got where I could get her, and definitely not enjoying the game.:Angry:
Ooooh! I could've throttled her!:Angry:
One rest on the heated bed for her and a shower for me later, we were best buds again.:Laugh:

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
If you're crazy, then so are the rest of us here! :Dizzy: I always have to check to see where my cats are, especially Piglet. I don't know for sure why I worry about her more, but I think it's because I've haven't had her as long as I've had my Siamese cats (I'm more familiar with my Siamese cats' habits and hiding places than I am with Piglet's). Also, anytime I have to leave the house (even for work every weekday), I have to check to make sure all of the cats are accounted for and okay before I go out the door. It's exhausting worrying about the cats as much as I do...sigh. :Woo:

LOL This reminds me of a little while back, Mo went in the store cupboard and I hadn't noticed, I went out to the supermarket and when I got back I could hear his meowing and found him in the cupboard amongst the cat biscuits and tins of soup! Good job I hadn't left for work!!!

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm nuts too then. I don't need to know where mine are every second, but if it's been awhile, I go looking. Mine are all pretty mouthy though--if they get somewhere they are worried about, they start meowing for mommy to come rescue them--which I gladly do. Mine have heated bassinettes they all like to crowd into, so it's usually not hard to find them, but sometimes they go into snuggle sacks--and if they're sleeping I have a hissy fit because I can't locate them. I always triple check the dryer before I start it. Have heard horror stories about that, so got paranoid about that from the very beginning.
Lulu darted out the door when I let my dogs out last night and ran around in the snow--went under the deck and I couldn't get her and she didn't come to me. She thought it was a great adventure--I, on the other hand, was covered in snowy dog poop, bawling my eyes out, crawling on the ground with my face in the snow, calling her like a lunatic, thinking she'd freeze to death before she got where I could get her, and definitely not enjoying the game.:Angry:
One rest on the heated bed for her and a shower for me later, we were best buds again.:Laugh:

Oh dear Suzi!!! I thinks it's one of those times that is really not funny at the time, but afterwards when everyone is ok, t is quite amuzing?! :Smile: I also have the washing machine/dryer OCD thing!

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

Oh my goodness - Lulu did that?! She looks like such an angel I can't believe it.

That must have been terrifying. I hate when Sophie gets too close to the door. I'm glad it ended well with both of you unharmed.

On a lighter note- I wish you were still mad at her- I would come pick her up and take her home. :LOL: Seriously. :Laugh:

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yes, you are obsessive and so are all the rest of us, that's why we have this little support group! lol

Life is too short to be "normal" enjoy it!

Olemam

Lairian
LOL, I know this only too well, I'm often on the lookout. Have a few years ago once accidentally locked one on night in closet. Have you looked everywhere and can not be found until a soft mewl kam.Als I opened the door, she ran like a bat out of hell to the loo. She has never hidden in the closet.

susi794

Staff member
Oh my goodness - Lulu did that?! She looks like such an angel I can't believe it.

That must have been terrifying. I hate when Sophie gets too close to the door. I'm glad it ended well with both of you unharmed.

On a lighter note- I wish you were still mad at her- I would come pick her up and take her home. :LOL: Seriously. :Laugh:

Sorry, Heather...we kissed and made up! :LOL: But thanks for the lovely compliment!

susi794

Staff member
I'm glad I can laugh at it now, Sam---last night, not so much!
Olemam, you were lucky she didn't make a mess in your closet--that was a good cat!

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I lost my willow(RIP) one time in a bottom drawer she had crawled into. I closed it not knowing and spent the whole night walking with a flashlight and crying. I heard her at 5:00am. It was a horrible experience.

Haji the Sphynx

Lairian
My neighbor Laura had been dating Eric for a few months. Her kitty, Wile E. van be very mischievous. Eric had been quickly opened up the utility closet door where the furnace is just before they left for work in the morning. They went to work, and Laura stayed at Eric's the next night.

She came home 36 hours later and Wile E. was nowhere to be found. He had snuck into the closet the day before! He was totally fine and even managed to hold #1 and #2.

It was nearly the end of Eric, but he's still around, and in fact, they moved into HIS place - a giant victorian palace with millions of hiding places.

harley

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:LOL::LOL::LOL:I wonder is there a CATASYULM where crazy cat people go with there kitty's for group therapy? If there is sign me up cause I am like a bannana in the bunch, but if my guys can't go for cat therapy too then the little guys with the backwards coats are just gona have to hunt us down cause we will never surrender. I will just get Oba to stink bomb them till they leave us alone.:LOL::LOL::LOL:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Leo and Athena alway run into the basement when the door opens:Angry: it drives me crazy every once in A while the get locked in but as soon as they are done the start yelling!
One time I was putting away laundry and when I opened the dresser Leo came popping out, scared the daylights out of me!

Sorry to Susi for crawling in snow covered poop, that happend with our dog Sidney last summer but she was stuck under the deck I was freeking out, and was going to start taking nails out, then our son got A shovel crawled under with all the spiders:ThumbsDown: and dug A hole and got her out! He was late for school but saved the day.

Back