Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

curlysue

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Ok, so I am kicking myself for not buying this D-greaser shampoo 4 years ago. It came via FedEx yesterday around 5pm and bath time was on!! I got the scrubby gloves and Fuzzy and started with the nasty nail dirt. It was amazing how I didn't need to scrub and the toe jam came right off. I have to say they are all squeeky clean and I will never go back to my old shampoo.
soap.jpg

Curly Sue HATES bath time and always hides her head in my armpit.

hate bath.png

Yoda mom

Staff member
I wish mine just hid their heads! Toby is full on growl bite mode! Yesterday I made my own baby face cloth wipes with a few drops of hylyt shampoo and a couple of drops of blue dawn - he still was a growler but I don't give in :)

I May have to try d'grease , I mean d'growl :) next

curlysue

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Yoda mom I was using baby shampoo on there faces and Dawn on there little grubby bodies. This stuff is awesome and worth every penny. None of my nakeds like baths and from time to time Curly will growl and mouth my hand if she is in one of those moods. Fuzzy really tries to get out ever sense the toe getting stuck. All in all we all come out with no scratches.... just a few attitudes!

PetitePuce

Lairian
My little Kojak get so dirty, so fast! - he turns brown within two days of my bathing him. I use a pet shampoo I found at pet smart that is made for sensitive skin ... can't remember the name of it right now. It cleans him nicely, but I'm wondering if this degreaser might be a better choice for him since he gets dirty so fast. Degreaser sounds more intense than just a regular shampoo.

I understand that bathing too often can actually cause the cat to produce more oil so I'm trying to deal with the fact that he's dirty most of the time. But it's pretty nasty looking. I am currently only bathing him once a week and was hoping to reduce his baths to once every other week if I can manage.

Luckily - Kojak LOVES to take a full out bath. This morning he kept trying to jump in my bath water. I was getting ready to go to work and didn't have time to play with him so I refused his constant attempts of jumping in... I guess I'm lucky he doesn't give me a hard time about his bathing experience but maybe it's time to try this degreasing shampoo to see if it helps to keep in clean longer.

Any comments about the fact he turns brown so soon after I bathe him?

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
@PetitePuce I have found ours turn brownish orange the very next day if we do not rinse thoroughly. The areas that are the hardest to rinse under pits and neck area are usually the first to show problems if that is the case. @curlysue. Wait ...another few weeks of regularly using it and rinsing well, you might see a change in the actual skin...we did. I love it.

Patti

DarkWing

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
all my cats hate bathtime.... caprica ist the only one who don´t make much trouble .. maybe a shy meow thats all......... Lunar growls and try to escape scratch and bites, no chance to rub his toes ....., Missy is very fsst and try to escape and scratch and bites she also scream very loud , noc chance to rubb her toes ... the new one hates bath too..... but ist at the moment easier to handle bcause he is small but toe rub ... no chance at all he is to small and to fast ..... and he is scratching nd growling .... scratching only by try to escape ..... we use baby shampoo too

SphynxKid

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I wish mine just hid their heads! Toby is full on growl bite mode! Yesterday I made my own baby face cloth wipes with a few drops of hylyt shampoo and a couple of drops of blue dawn - he still was a growler but I don't give in :)

I May have to try d'grease , I mean d'growl :) next
Moses growls when we get to the towel dry portion. He would prefer to streak around the house and drip dry, but I worry about him getting a chill, but I found if I cover his little head like a crocodile during a croc hunt, he does SOOO much better. It is unbelievable. I use a hand towel and drape it over his eyes, and just calmly speak to him and he gets dry. Except his little butthole. I let him dry that off because, then someone may think I aim murderinig him.
JenJen

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Hairless Blessing , luv the hylyt you recommended! I even made a dilute of it to do wipe downs and it works amazing!
Just wanted to know what about the d'grease did not work for Izmae? I was thinking about ordering degrease for naked pedicures :)

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Well, the D greaser made her oily. I rinsed and rinsed. But, it just didn't work.
Now if I just take two fingers and put it on her after I use the HyLyt it does ok.
I do this sometimes to not waste it. But, I use very little.
I will just stick with the HyLyt. Different strokes for different folks:smuggrin:

andreanar

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@Hairless Blessing the D Grease doesn't work well for me either, leaves my guys very greasy and everything just sticks to them. I have rinsed and rinsed, tried using less bah I gave up and stick with the Earth Bath. The D Grease works good tho on the nail gunk. I use a tiny bit and rub on each toe nail with my exfoliating gloves.

DarkWing

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
in germany we don´t have many shampoos .. the most are for dogs. i had try the trixie dog shampoo once with mink oil .. t was not bad 10,99 Euro per 1 lieter bottle .. it was also cheaper as babyshampoo but know i don´t find the 1 lieter bottle anymore .... so i usae again babyshampoo.... sadly the dirt between the toes i don´t get off withthat... i use for that a quiet day, a blanked , some q-tips and a ear and skin lotion and than hope that the cat will be relaxed meanwile i scrubb there toes hahhahaa... works sadly not every week...... same with the ears ..... the hated to get clan the ears too .......

Back