Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

American Humane Booth - AF Spouses Expo at Peterson AFB

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi sphynx lovers! Today Piglet and I were representatives for the American Humane Association Animal-Assisted Therapy Program at an Expo at Peterson Air Force Base. We manned the American Humane booth along with Annie Cabell, the AAT program coordinator at American Humane. It was a great day spent sharing information and stories about our animal-assisted therapy program with military personnel and their spouses.

Of course, Piglet was a big hit with all the folks who attended the expo! Many of them had never seen a sphynx cat before and had as many questions about the sphynx breed as they did about animal therapy. Piglet was a real trooper...she was calm and patient throughout the entire 3-4 hours we were there. People were amazed at how well she behaved. I think Piglet was a great ambassador for the sphynx breed as well as for animal-assisted therapy! :ThumbsUp:

I've included some pictures from the event...enjoy!

Attachments

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Good job you two. Jess was across the street from you today. I wish she would have come and said hi!

Thanks for all you guys do
Me, too, Inferno. If only I had known that Jess works on base. :Sad: It would've been great to meet her.