Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

And So The Newest Adventure Begins...

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Today, I officially became a retired teacher. No more teenagers:), no more Final Exams:p, no more Standardized Testing :wacky:, and NO more administrators:ROFLMAO:!!!!

A week from today, we are packing up the cats, our son, and his snake, and drive from Las Vegas to Kansas, a trip of about 1200 miles. :woot: The cats are going to love our house in Kansas; its rooms are large, with lots of windows, there will be stairs, lots of places to watch birdies, and best of all, all of the heat registers are in the floors or baseboards.

In the meantime, the finches have returned to the desert, and Marcus and Cleo are happily supervising their birdies again.:happy:
IMG_2041.JPG

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Congratulations on your retirement!!! With such a big move ahead, it must feel a bit overwhelming right now. I look forward to seeing your babies in their new home. Good luck.

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Thanks Patti. I am a bit daunted by the move, but Bob has been handling it extremely well. Every time I start to worry about packing or some other logistical issue, he reminds me that he has it well in hand. This is the first of many moves where we have had the luxury of almost a year of preplanning. And even the normal stress of selling our house was minimized to a huge extent. We live in one of the hottest seller's market, and instead of taking weeks or months, lots of negotiations, and having to lower the price for the house to sell, our house sold in 3 days for more than we listed it. So I am much less stressed than most of the other moves we've made.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Congratulations on your retirement! Sounds like you and Bob are more then prepared for the move. Can't wait to see pics of Cleo and Marcus in their new home.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Cleopatra Beers Woo Hoo! Congratulations on your retirement :)
You made a difference in the lives of many
((Hugs)))

Let the journey begin !
How exciting !
Keep us updated often !

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Congratulations on your retirement! Sounds like you and Bob are more then prepared for the move. Can't wait to see pics of Cleo and Marcus in their new home.

Congrats! I know moves are stressful, but it sounds like positive change!

@Cleopatra Beers Woo Hoo! Congratulations on your retirement :)
You made a difference in the lives of many
((Hugs)))

Let the journey begin !
How exciting !
Keep us updated often !

Retirement is the best!

Thanks everybody! We just finished the final walk-through in the house we are selling, and the buyers are super-excited. It is their first house, and they have small children. I am to the point in our move that I just want to get going and get it over with. Retirement won't feel real until August, when school starts and I will still be home!!!!!

NinaGato

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Best wishes for your move. I wish you all the best. I have never been to Kansas so you will have to tell us all about it.
Can't wait to hear all your new adventures.

Back