Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

And then there were 3...

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Well... due to unfortunate circumstances for this kitty... we are currently en route to pick up Finns older sister!!!!! Same mom and dad, about 1.5 years old. Very unexpected, but pleasant surprise! @Zab @Toa and Ross it looks like I ended up with my little lady after all! Sorry dad! She is the solid on the left. Anybody have any girl name suggestions? We had a really hard time picking female names when we were choosing for Finn.
125cf8cb28c1ce36f5f242ba4ca1bf18.jpg

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats she is beautiful. Looking forward to hearing her story. Lucky little lady to be going to her forever home. When I think of lucky I think about my girlfriend who loves to play the slot machines. She hits jackpots all the time...twice hit over $35,000 so her nickname is Vegas. So my suggestion for this lucky lady is Vegas. I also like the name Vixen just in time for the holidays (reindeer name.)

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I was actually wrong about being Finns full sister, they have the same mom but different dads! She is SUCH a sweetheart, a very loving girl. She peed, pooped and has been eating since shes been at our home. But the poor thing. She is very oily from being bathed....DAILY. Ugh, her poor skin is probably so unbalanced from being stripped of the natural oils. Her claws were like literal daggers, I doubt they were clipped in months, She was comfortable enough with me last night that I managed to clip the fronts. Her nails are absolutely caked in black gunk. Her ears also very dirty for my standards. It was killing me not to give her an entire spa day last night.

We have her camped out in our spare bedroom with litter, some blankets, toys and a bed. I feel awful keeping her separate but until I know shes healthy I'll have to quarantine her from my boys. The previous owner let her outside to ROAM freely !!!! Told me she was missing for an entire month :( I almost had a heart attack. And she doesn't even have a rabies shot... go figure.

On the bright side, although oily she was incredibly soft. Does anybody have suggestions on how I should go about her spa routine? I was thinking not bathing her for a least a few weeks to let her skin regulate, but I'm wondering since her oils are probably completely out of whack from over bathing, maybe some sort of medicated bath or oatmeal? Any suggestions are welcome!

We have a vet appointment tomorrow at 3:30 for a fecal test, rabies shot and wellness check. They mentioned another vaccine they unusually give yearly with rabies but I didn't catch the name, and I'm not sure I want to over vaccinate. They even mentioned feline leukemia since shes been outside but I know that's a big no no, contract voiding shot.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Woohoo! Oooooh wow! Congratulations! And happy gotcha day. She's gorgeous.

Sorry to hear about the lack of care your girl had the first months. But now she finally found herself a loving home!
Love the name Vegas as @Catzzzmeow suggested. But can imagine you want to stay with the Star Wars names. And then Rey is great.

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
OMG! That’s so exciting! What a lovely thanksgiving surprise! I will admit... I’m very jelly! I still haven’t found my girl, lol. I hope her brothers love her!

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Yoda mom I use Hylyt as well, love it! I use baby wipes for the nails, but I read that here that someone uses witch hazel on a make up pad. Her nails are super grungy, and its dried up and hard. I went home on my lunch and she allowed to me to clean her eyes, her ears (not a full deep clean but most of the visible with q tips and cotton balls). She also let me clip her back nails! I went to start cleaning them with a make up wipe but I think she had had enough, she started to growl. So some treats and praise, I will try the hind nails later tonight or tomorrow morning. They are worse than the fronts. The amount of nail that had to be shed away too was awful. I gently picked the hanging pieces away.

@Zab Leia came to mind as well! My breeder is also liking Rey, she said a sweet ray of sunshine. That maybe she considers us a ray of sunshine from taking her out of a neglectful situation and giving her lots and lots of love!

@Monica Your girl will find you!! I have faith :love: The boys will love her, Yoda has already been crying outside the door to the room shes in. "Mom I smell a kitty let me in there to love her!!" Finn has also been sniffing about her door. Her however, I tried feeding treats on opposite sides of the door as there's at least a 1cm gap, and oh my the growling that came from her! I think it'll definitely be a long process introducing her to the boys.

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
We had her vet check today. Vet said she’s a healthy girl! She got her rabies and 1 year vaccination, I also did bloodwork that I’m waiting for the vet to call about the results. They’re closed for the day now, so I’m guessing no news is good news. She weighed 4.29 kg! We also did an ear mite swab which came back negative. Woohoo! @Lynn W thank you! We ended up going with the name Raven. The hubby suggested it and I actually really like it, and I can call her Rey for short or as a nick name.

@Staceyxxx thank you!

70c7c1b3c29cc3ce55dd3b616701801d.jpg
37b369acb12b748e61829c63e80bb038.jpg

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Bailey21 , woo Hoo so happy for the good news vet visit !
love love the name Raven , official happy Raven gotcha!

For about 10 years I have been feeding an outdoor kitty I named Raven :)

The cat tree and cat bed is precious!
Head smooches to all paws amd tell your mum hello !

Ps claire bare is on my lap admiring the pics with me !

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Happy to hear Raven vet check wemt well and she's healthy. How old is Raven? Ross says she weighs the same as him and he thinks she beautiful. Guess Raven is bigger then Yoda and Finn?

Did she already meet the boys?

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Yoda mom Awh Raven is a very lucky kitty to have you looking out for her for the last 10 years! I'll tell my Mum today, we're going to cut down our Christmas trees today. First year I'll be cutting down my own.

Hi Claire Bear! Head smooches for you sweetie.

@Lynn W @Catzzzmeow thank you! I was super relieved that she was healthy.

@Toa and Ross Raven is almost a year and a half! She was born last year on June 30th. I told Raven that Ross said she's beautiful, she's blushing in her fish bed. She's a little bit bigger than Finn, but not by much. Finn weighed about 8.5 pounds at our last vet trip. Yoda weighed either 5.3 or 5.7 kg, I can't remember exactly. He's the biggest in the house!

She got to meet the boys last night. Needless to say she isn't very happy that theres two boys to one girl. There was lots of growling and some hissing when they got too close. The boys just want to smell and love and play with her! I'm sure she'll come around eventually. She is Finn's half sister after all :)

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
We had her vet check today. Vet said she’s a healthy girl! She got her rabies and 1 year vaccination, I also did bloodwork that I’m waiting for the vet to call about the results. They’re closed for the day now, so I’m guessing no news is good news. She weighed 4.29 kg! We also did an ear mite swab which came back negative. Woohoo! @Lynn W thank you! We ended up going with the name Raven. The hubby suggested it and I actually really like it, and I can call her Rey for short or as a nick name.

@Staceyxxx thank you!

70c7c1b3c29cc3ce55dd3b616701801d.jpg
37b369acb12b748e61829c63e80bb038.jpg
She is stunning! I so miss Fisen when I see that girly girl face of a black baby.... Rey is totally the right name for her. I'm so jealous of you, another one in tha house, must be magic! Also, so great the vet check went well. Now you job is to keep us updated on everything with tons of photos! Hugs to you all!

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Shmeeps Awh thank you! That put a big smile on my face.

@Zab I never thought I would have a solid black! She is just the sweetest thing though. I'll sit on the floor or the couch and she jumps right up and rubs on my face. She describes the velcro kitty term. You're soon to catch up with me, another baby on the way too! Can't wait to see how your new little man settles into the family :) Now I'm off to search for photos of your sweetie Fisen, I don't remember 100% what he looked like besides dark. I want to see the similarities :love:

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Shmeeps Awh thank you! That put a big smile on my face.

@Zab I never thought I would have a solid black! She is just the sweetest thing though. I'll sit on the floor or the couch and she jumps right up and rubs on my face. She describes the velcro kitty term. You're soon to catch up with me, another baby on the way too! Can't wait to see how your new little man settles into the family :) Now I'm off to search for photos of your sweetie Fisen, I don't remember 100% what he looked like besides dark. I want to see the similarities :love:
Fisen was a girl, my adopted girl... you can see photos of her in my album here...
I just love the term velcro kitty! I need more of those! Siiri is one, but I have no hope for the boys.....

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Zab Oh my apologies! For some reason I thought you had two boys before. I wouldn't be so sure about your boys, Finn is a pretty good velcro kitty himself. He loves to be carried around like a baby, and he crawls under the blankets at night and sleeps with me

Back