Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

And what did you learn today, Jezebel?

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
IMG_8061_sm.jpg

Well. Since you asked.
Today I learned not to try eating stink bugs.

They are HORRIBLE.
They spray some nasty smelly stuff.
It also scares the bejezus out of your mom when you suddenly run around as if your tail were on fire, foaming at the mouth, because you tried to eat a stink bug.

So yeah.
Don't eat stink bugs.
They are disgusting.

Sincerely, Stink Bug Buster Jez.

Jez was at the window, and suddenly jumped off the cat tree, running around like mad, foaming -- yes, FOAMING, at the mouth. Spittle everywhere, all over, drooling like crazy.
I didn't know what the hell she'd done, I thought she was having some kind of fit and it scared the life out of me!
I managed to catch her, wiped off the copious amounts of drool, spittle and foam (all the way up to her EARS) and inspected her, but she was acting just fine -- if a little hyper.
When I went to see what she might have gotten into... I saw stink bug at the corner of the window.
*sigh*
Panic over. Just a stink bug defending itself.

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Eww. The stink bugs just started to cone around last week when we had severe swings in the temps outside. So far none inside, but they like to cling to the screens. Glad you figured out what caused the roaming. That would have freaked me too.

Jocy24

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Yep I stopped Archie just in the nick of time and swept that stink bug out the door!

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Glad the stinkbug was still there so you were able to identify what freaked out Jez. Foaming at the mouth would've had me panicking! We always have stink bugs around here, my boyfriend said they must be because they're my friends, as I'm always gassy (TMI, sorry) :ROFLMAO:

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Oh Jez, what a yucky experience. Thanks for warning us. We never heared of stink bugs before. They look funny but now we now they taste horrible we will stay away from them.
Love, the Dutch Four

Yikes, what a scary experience. Happy you found out it was a stink bug!

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Toa and Ross @Bailey21
I had NO idea what was going on. All I heard was her jumping off the cat tree, then running around like crazy. When I went to look what she's doing, she was FOAMING at the mouth, gagging, and there was foam/spittle/drool *everywhere*. It was dripping from her mouth, it was all over her face, ears... you name it. I freaked. I thought she's having a fit, because she was gagging, then she ran off downstairs and I went after her, fearing she'd collapse or something. Grabbed tissues to wipe off the foam etc and to maybe see what's in her mouth, wondering if she'd eaten something nasty, panicking that there is something poisonous around that I didn't know about...
Once the drooly foam was off, there didn't seem to be any more, and she seemed fine, so I ran upstairs to see what might have caused it... and saw the stink bug on the window.
I remembered they secret some nasty stuff... looked it up... and yep. Those were exactly the symptoms she had.
Glad it was something simple, but omg, that was really scary for a moment.

Yumi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I can lol with it now, reading it. But oh dear lord, if I saw my baby run around mouth foaming and stuff. I'd panic so so hard.

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Yumi Well at least now you know what might be the cause.
And if Safira is anything like Pixie atm... mysterious holes in fluffy jumpers may be caused by tearing at sleeves... with teeth!
Honestly... my bunch is creative...

Sheldon13

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
What a hilarious story! Thanks for the point of view from kitty’s perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yumi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Yumi Well at least now you know what might be the cause.
And if Safira is anything like Pixie atm... mysterious holes in fluffy jumpers may be caused by tearing at sleeves... with teeth!
Honestly... my bunch is creative...
I'm doomed *goes cry in a corner*:arghh:
She sniffs, licks, bites, explores anything, everything, all the time. They really are so much smarter then they act sometimes and to be honest, it scares me! I don't trust my own baby :ROFLMAO:

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Jez is a total snuggle bug now. :) (She is pinning my left arm to the desk atm.)
It's kinda weird, since she always seemed happiest at a little distance.
It only took her a year and a half...
Meanwhile she's into everything. There are bound to be more surprises at the new house. :wideyed:
Especially since they will be allowed out when the weather plays ball. I expect to be rescuing some kitties out of trees...
Jez has been locked out into the catio a few times since we've been here. She sneaks out and sits behind a flowerpot or something... and dark gray in darkness... yeah.

susi794

Staff member
I would have freaked out also! Glad Jezebel is ok.

Condo commando

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
OMG we don't need any more stinking bugs!!! You mean it literally stinks? Eeeeeewwwww!!!

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Heads up -- The stink bugs are out.
Livvy must have found one, it probably came in when I brought in wood for the fire.
She was sitting there, sneezing like mad...then the foam, and she was so freaked by it all, she did a poop on the carpet.
Dave was totally shocked when she sat there, foaming. Poor guy was more freaked than the cat.
Bless him tho, he just grabbed loo roll and put the poop down the loo, while I was grabbing the number for the vet. (Just in case it wasn't a stink bug incident.
Livvy is recovered now, but... sigh
I did tell Dave I'll keep an eye on her for 10 mins, and if she isn't improving by then, I'm calling the vet.
He looked at me as if I'm mad lol. I went "It was probably a stink bug, that's exactly what happened with Jez when she tried to eat one" and off he went, researching stink bugs...
Mr. "I'm not into cats" who has been totally charmed by Livvy. :)
I swear, it'll break her heart when he leaves. She's so totally focused on Dave, it'll be really hard for her. :/ (And I bet for him, too...)
She runs to him to say hello when he hasn't been at the house for a few hours! (As in, I get totally ignored, she has to go see Dave first...)

Sheldon13

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Aww lol she’s found her person. ;)

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Dave has to stay. I mean,you can't leave a girl when she's in love.
But those stink bugs have to leave!

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yeah :( But Dave has his own life, he's a good friend, but he's a builder by trade and goes where there's work.
I bet you though he will come to visit frequently if he stays in France. :)
Livvy goes to sleep with him at night, and he complains about "god that cat has to get up like 4 times a night and tramples over my face" and in the next breath it's "But she's such a sweetie, she's so cute and she cuddles and awww..."
LOL
Another was "She comes upstairs and if I'm not asleep already, she pauses and looks at me, and waits for me to say come on, and then she leaps into bed and cuddles. It's so cute!"
Yeah, yeah... not a cat person at all.... snort

Sheldon13

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Livvy goes to sleep with him at night, and he complains about "god that cat has to get up like 4 times a night and tramples over my face" and in the next breath it's "But she's such a sweetie, she's so cute and she cuddles and awww..."
LOL
Another was "She comes upstairs and if I'm not asleep already, she pauses and looks at me, and waits for me to say come on, and then she leaps into bed and cuddles. It's so cute!"
Yeah, yeah... not a cat person at all.... snort
Such is a true Sphynx lover. Now how are you going to break it to Livvy? Lol

naomi

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh gosh, Jez and Frida should compare notes. Wood bugs also taste bad apparently, but spiders are delicious according to Frida.

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Spiders leave mine (mostly) cold. But if it's any kind of sky raisin... it needs to be hunted down and eaten.