Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Angry?

Cinafina

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Tricia Astley That sounds like a difficult situation :confused: Are they both neutered? Which is the older of the two? And did the vet rule out any health issues that could be causing his bad moods..?

Tricia Astley

Lairian
@Tricia Astley That sounds like a difficult situation :confused: Are they both neutered? Which is the older of the two? And did the vet rule out any health issues that could be causing his bad moods..?
Their about the same age, both neutered. They have been best friends since I got them both. The vet said if it doesnt stop then i will have to put him on antidepressants. He hasnt had blood work done in awhile. It's kinda stopped but he will have issues at night and start growling and hissing but during the day hes fine. I will even find them cuddling.

Cinafina

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Have you tried something like the Feliway plug-in diffusers? I know that works well for some, but I can't comment as I've not ever had one.

Tricia Astley

Lairian
Have you tried something like the Feliway plug-in diffusers? I know that works well for some, but I can't comment as I've not ever had one.
That was actually one of the vets recommendations, I bought two of them so maybe that's what is helping him stay calm. I just disnt knkw if they have a history of getting grumpy when they get older

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I feel like I have heard a story but only once before, where someone had litter mates that were extremely bonded, and out of the blue one turned on the other so badly to the point she had to re-home one. But like I said, I've only heard of this happening once before

Sheldon13

Staff member
The other concern you might have is if he has something causing him pain/discomfort. This is way up on the list of reasons a cat would act out of character.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yoda mom

Staff member
I have 3 adult males and a 1 adult female
They get their moods play rough at times making noise then go to sleep together ..
My girl tells the boys very vocally with a slap as to where she will let them sleep next to me ..
She whaps him on the head then snuggles with him for him to groom her.
She wacks Yoda on the Head with a prissy whine and growl if he tries to steal her spot.
It’s their little pecking order .

Let us know how the feliaway works

Tricia Astley

Lairian
Mine also do all the rough playing, I have 2 sphynx and one regular kitty. This was definitely different, they both have huge gashes on their faces. The other two cats were so scared they wouldn't move. I can tell that the one he was attacking was very sad. After him sitting in the room all night with the feliaway he was nice for a little while then he started to attack again

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Tricia Astley take a peek outside .. any outdoor kitties lurking around ?
. my boy got all pissy hissy with the others bad a few months ago ... I was going nuts trying to figure it out ... he was acting waaay off
Turns out I had a feral cat in my attic! Must have got in the roof vent ...

@Zab just posted a pic of a kitty at her window !

Many of us keep on hand Vetericyn spray for skin scuffs

Did the vet prescribe or give instructions for the gashes ? Ouch :(

Tricia Astley

Lairian
Qe actually just found out our neighbor just let their cat outside this past weekend. So that could be it, theres also lots of wild animals where we live. I didnt ask about the gashes cause I was so worried about why he was acting this way. My poor babies, i just want them to be happy

Sheldon13

Staff member
I’m sorry you are dealing with this. It could definitely be the neighbor cat potentially.

Sheldon13

Staff member
I've told the neighbor his cat is getting into our yard, he doesnt seem to care. So I have no clue what to do about it

I’m sorry. The only thing you can do it have the cat confiscated by animal control when it gets in your yard. Shame they don’t care more. Poor kitty.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Tricia Astley he might calm down once he gets used to the newness

Perhaps some natural non toxic cat repellent ? I saw several even home made ones with a google search .

Is he still acting as angry ?

Hugs n head smooches

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Just recently my 4 year old Male sphynx decided he didnt like his brother anymore, would hiss and growl and attack him for no reason. Do sphynx get angry as they age? The vet said it is very strange how hes acting.
Hiya love ! I am no expert at all but we sure do have some on the forum !
I was taught you could have two females and they live together very well . But the opposites for males ! Two males cannot live together !
But yet we have members with multiple males and females living happy together ... now my Mr Bagins bullies my cleo and I get really upset , it’s like he can’t leave her alone some days ! Sibling rivalry I think !
Are your boys fixed ? Is there a big age difference ? .. now I would give him time out every time he gets nasty !
I bought the plug in they are quite expensive and for a little while it worked then over night he was back to his naughty self . I am going to watch this thread because I very well may pick up some tips on how to control this fella
Xx❤️❤️xxx

Back