Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Announcing My Cattery Name and Website

susi794

Staff member
I already submitted the cattery name so I guess it's ok to reveal the name. Would value any feedback of things I should add or change.
Thanks you guys!
Susi and the gang

Last edited by a moderator:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
It looks fine to me.
I would add the peds of the sire and dam though.
You can also put your cattery is a FIP/Leukemia free cattery.
I like you have the HCM scans with the dates on the site.

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Don't forget the link to sphynxlair!! hehehe

I've got a little bit of experience building web sites. I'd be happy to pitch in if need be.

susi794

Staff member
It looks fine to me.
I would add the peds of the sire and dam though.
You can also put your cattery is a FIP/Leukemia free cattery.
I like you have the HCM scans with the dates on the site.

I haven't gotten their peds yet---just sent away for a 5 gen pedigree on both of them--will add it when they arrive. Thanks for the idea about being FIP/Leukemia free. Sounds like a plan to me...LOL

Bella07

Banned
Alright, found your website through google as well! No need to send the PM :Wink:

For the past few months, as a hopeful Sphynx buyer, I have been exploring every breeders website that I can find. So throughout this fun process, I've learned what I like and don't like on websites! So, just sharing my thoughts from what I have learned so far. :Smile:

To start with, I really like the "feeling" I get from your page. I tried to pretend as I was going through your site that I didn't know you as a member of SL. It had a warm, friendly, family feeling, which I love! I really don't like when you see a website and it feels cold. Your pictures are great! Love Beanie and the kissing kittens.

Now, I think you should make a FAQ page. I would personally have it include information such as....
Do you ship? What is the average price? Where do you ship (US, Canada, National?)
What comes with the purchase of your kitten? Fixed? Microchip? Shots?
What type of health guarantee do you offer? How long?
Difference between male and female sphynxes?
Colors you specialize in?
Do you show in any organization?
Do you HCM scan?
Is you cattery registered with the CFA or TICA?
How long have you been breeding for? Why do you breed and love the Sphynx breed?
Do you sell kittens for show and breeder homes?
Price Range for Pet kittens/Show kittens?
When are you next expected litters?
Do you have a waiting list?
Deposit?
Why should I buy from you as a breeder? There are hundreds out there---what makes YOU special as a breeder? (My favorite question and answer!)

Well, I'm sure there's more, but those I find to be the most helpful. I would also include when you are planning to have more kittens on your available page as well. It helps to know as a kitten buyer. Hope this helps! :Laugh:

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Susi, it was easy to find through Google. Here are my comments, bear in mind I'm kind of rambling cause I just woke up. As you know I've had a lot of experience looking at breeder sites these past 2 months. It was hard for me to look at this with an impartial view as if I didn't know you but I did my best. And of course I know the answers to some of the FAQ questions posed but think they should be on the website cause John Q Public doesn't know.

Bad grammar with the word "but" here: While we will make every effort to pair you with a cat that matches what kind of family member you are looking for, but please make sure you have thought through your decision to be owned by a sphynx, so that the home you are offering will be a forever one.

Extra <br> tags on the Contact Us page?

Under Kittens Available, please give a rough time frame when you expect the next litter (like babies planned for this Fall or next Spring or whenever).

I would add an HCM page. On it I would give a brief explanation of what HCM is, why scanning is important, how it benefits the kitties, and would include pictures of your kitties scans and interpretations. I know I was always a bit leery when a website said they scanned but didn't include "proof" cause I suspect some less than savory people are claiming to scan when they really don't.

I would add a FAQ page that includes:
Do you ship and where (within USA, to Canada, Internationally).
Spell out your health guarantee.
What can I expect if I buy one of your kittens. What shots/deworming will it have, will it be altered or microchipped?
Colours you specialize in (if any).
Do you show in any organization(s)?
Do you sell for breeder/show?
Average price range for pet/breeder/show quality.
Do you have a waiting list, do you accept deposits?
What kind of support can a buyer expect from you?
What do you give in addition to the kitty? (Written care instructions, samples of food, little blankie, pedigree, etc).

Tell us more about yourself on the About Us page. Tell us what you do for a living. Get a new picture taken with Habibi on your shoulder and put it there. I love that picture! Tell us how the kittens are raised (in your case I know they're raised with dogs).

And last, get some previous buyers to post testimonials.

If I think of anything else I'll toss it up.

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I know it's probably just me, but I wouldn't have my street address on there. If anyone wants to visit, you can give them your address after talking to them.

I'd worry about it being out there for all to see, especially if I worked outside the home or lived alone etc.

gizmo6370

Banned
I know it's probably just me, but I wouldn't have my street address on there. If anyone wants to visit, you can give them your address after talking to them.

I'd worry about it being out there for all to see, especially if I worked outside the home or lived alone etc.

Very good point:ThumbsUp:

Bella07

Banned
Oh, another thought! Just a favorite thing of mine....Not sure if your website software can add this, but I really like "ChangeDetection." It's an option that lets me enter my email, and when your website is updated, I get an email linking me to the changes you made. I find this to be really helpful, especially so I know if new litters are born from breeders that I love, so I don't have to remember to check their website. Just a good reminder for people! Good Luck :ThumbsUp:

susi794

Staff member
Wow!
Thanks everyone! Great feedback---on my way there to fix a few things and start thinking about adding the other things you mentioned.

susi794

Staff member
Ok, I went back in and changed stuff--made the corrections and added a FAQ page. Let me know what you think now, ok? I cxan't put the pedigree stuff on until I get it back from TICA and CFA, so will be adding that when it arrives--a great idea, Jacky!
Thanks to everyone that has taken the time to give me feedback. I love you all!
Susi and the gang

sphynxluvr

Lairian
Susi this is wonderful news congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you and the gang. Please PM me the website I would love to check it out and we would be honered to add our experience and pictures to your story if you would like!!!
The kids got baths yesterday and I have to say we are getting the hang of it. They look so awesome and cuddled up in a basket together and were absolutely precious!!
Guess I will have to post some more pictures!!!! :LOL:

Hairlesslove

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I absolutely LOVE your website! I love the About us page!...It shows how much you love these naked sweeties! Congrats!:ThumbsUp: :)

Bella07

Banned
Susi, fabulous job! I think your new FAQ page adds a nice and informative touch to your website. I'm happy to see that you liked my suggestion about why should someone choose you as a breeder :ThumbsUp: Ohhh, and your hoping to have kittens in September? How exciting, that means we will soon, fingers and paws crossed, get to watch some more adorable sphynx kittens grow up!

Back