Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Announcing the MVP and Sphynx of the month for February

Catzzzmeow

Staff member

As many of you know, we held a Kitten Bowl contest yesterday and the winning team was The Courageous Cougars! The MVP this year was the amazing Zoey who is owned by @cherp and family. I had the privilege of holding a private/ exclusive interview and have been given the rights to share with all of you in the community a little background about Zoey. Oh and let it be known her hooman said Zoey was perched on her Mommy’s shoulder at the time of this exclusive interview.

Zoey was born on June 21, 2013 so she will be 7 years old this year! How exciting and blessed is her family. She lives in Aurora, Ontario, Canada so it was awesome that she and her family decided to join the American Super Bowl fun. I asked how did they decided on the name Zoey and her Mommy shared that they had several possible names but Zoey just seemed to fit! They shared that if Zoey was a human, the sport she would excel in is short distance running. She can really zip around when she gets going. I think we all know what roomie zoomies are in the hairless nation. Go Zoey!!!!

Zoey's favorite treats are Orijen - Original (sounds like she has good taste and is specific in her likes.) Her family once left the lid off the treat jar on the counter by accident, turned around for a minute, and found her face deep in the jar hoovering them as fast as she could. Devoured about half the jar before she could be stopped! Zoey is very spoiled...She can HAVE and DO anything her little cat heart desires! Her hooman also said this includes making sure she is tucked in nice and warm in her blankies. Her hoomans said Zoey has them trained so that if she is sitting on a blanket, not wrapped up and she gives a little MRRRRP, one of the hoomans runs over to cover her. If she meows for ANYTHING . . . and they mean anything, she gets it.

Zoey's favorite past time is being wrapped up like a little burrito or as we say in the Sphynx business Purrito in a blankie, preferably on a human lap. She is not a super energetic Sphynx... she is pretty low key and likes to sleep in bed with her humans between their legs. Not surprisingly her most annoying habit is
waking her hoomans so she can be fed ... usually before 6:00 am . . . She communicates they need to feed her right ME-OW!!!!!

In closing her Mommy shared Zoey’s special talent is having her hoomans wrapped around her little paw. Congratulations on being MVP and Sphynx of the month for February 2020. Let’s all give high fives and kudos to this amazing girlie.

Last edited:

Yoda mom

Staff member
@cherp WOO HOO ! how exciting ! Congrats MPV and SOTM adorable Zoey!
extra Orijen treats ! mmmmm

I thoroughly enjoyed reading all about Zoey ! she is a precious beautiful girl!
hugs and head smooches

cherp

Lairian
Zoey says "Sank you, sank you all sooooo much" for this honour, and a special thank you to Patti for such a great interview. Ans Zoey thinks her hooman should feed her a whole bag of treats in celebration!!!!!!!

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Oh Zoey, we loved to read your interview. We can imagine very well you are talented in wrapping your humans around your paw. You sure charmed us!

Natasja, Toa, Ross & Jade

Yoda mom

Staff member
@cherp awhhh hugs and head smooches... Yes, treats and I might say she likes the Top Shelf treats :)
what an adorable fun Zoey!