Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Another question... Are they playing or fighting?

Toa and Ross

Staff member
I think @MelissaAlice is right. They're playing with a meaning: trying to find out who's the boss. My boys do this several times a day.
image.jpg

And after some beating up it's cuddle time again
image.jpg

Oh and asking questions is always a good thing!

Crinkuls

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
If one of mine yells out I separate them but mostly it's just play/ fighting. They love each other and there is never a doubt on who is boss. Princess has always been very submissive and whatever Sookie wants, Sookie gets. Pre warmed space on sofa, which side of dish to feed from, which space in bed etc . Princess just moves over bless her!!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
As long as no ones getting hurt, large scratches or drawing blood I would say as the others, keep an eye on it. It will most likely fade out. Also, maybe get the new resident his own pillow to lay on? :)

Mika Kiara

Lairian
As long as no ones getting hurt, large scratches or drawing blood I would say as the others, keep an eye on it. It will most likely fade out. Also, maybe get the new resident his own pillow to lay on? :)

She got her own heated pillow + 2 others places to sleep that she not interested in anymore. I'm think she prefer the heat from the Rex.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
That little stinker....lol. So let them just duke it out and it will hopefully sort itself out. It is very normal and it does not look like anyone is getting hurt. Jouët does the same thing "pawing" and antagonizing our boy who was top cat...now that he is older he is not able or wanting to be the top cat, but he hisses like no other.

Patti

Sphynxuk

Lairian
My 2 have several 'scraps' a day, including with our elderly tabby, and our chihuahua! I usually leave them to it.
If ears are flat, and someone screeches or hisses, I separate them.

Fluffyseti

Lairian
I also have a Rex (male 2 years old) and a Sphynx (7 months). They cahse and play, but the Rex and leave lrge scratches and even draw blood on his little "sister". I put Soft Paws on the Rex and let them work it out since now noone gets hurt.

Back