Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Another sick kitty

Inferno12

Banned
I have noticed that someone here has been throwing up just stomach fluid lately but I could never figure out who it was. Well yesterday I saw that it was Johnny :ThumbsDown: Last night he was wondering the house crying in a very different loud voice. He didnt get up and wait for me to get out of the shower this morning either. He doesnt seem to feel good at all so I am going to take him to see his doctor this morning. I hope he is ok :Sweat::Sweat:

Inferno12

Banned
Not Johnny! Poor baby, I hope it is something obvious and simple. Please let us know
I am kind of going through what you are. Johnny has been struggling with tummy problems since I have had him. I have paid hundreds of dollars to find out why and have found nothing. He has never thrown up before and this scares me so bad and reading what you are going through hasnt made it easier. I am hoping that they find out something today. Johnny is seeing a new vet today so maybe it will be a different outcome but I know, we have done full blood work that had to be sent to a lab and the same with his poop. What else is there? I feel your pain even though he isnt nearly as bad as Gummi. I really hope she does better. Tell Gummi we love her and we are pulling for her to get better.

We go to the vet in about an hour and I will let you guys know the outcome

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Poor Johnny. I hope they figure out what's wrong. I expect they'll probably want to do xrays and maybe an ultrasound of his tummy too. Please keep us updated.

Inferno12

Banned
Well we are back from the vet and really have no answers again. They took X-Rays to look for an obstruction but there seemed to be none. She said his bowels were full of diarrhea though :ThumbsDown: She said that we treated him for Giardia already once but we are doing it again to see if it helps. If not, then the next step is a biopsy to see if he has IBS. If he does, she said that cats live a comfortable life being on steroids to calm the IBS.

Im not sure how I feel about him possibly having IBS :Sweat::Sweat:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I was really hoping you would get a clear and easily treatable diagnosis from your vet. I know being forced to "wait and see what happens" is neither satisfying nor comforting, but try not to worry. Sending you both soothing thoughts.

Inferno12

Banned
My boy hadnt eaten all day so I decided to spoon feed him some yogurt. He ate half the container and and now is up cleaning himself. I hope it makes his tummy better

MikkiJean

Lairian
I'm sorry Johnny isn't feeling well.. I hope you find answers soon!

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
With so many sphynx in different areas of the world having the exact symptoms I am beginning to think this is something breed specific. I wish the Drs could figure it out for one of us, and maybe it would help us all.