Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Another (sphynx) hater....sigh.

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I'm sure that most of us who have Sphynx cats have all dealt with people in our lives that despise our babies. They all have their own reasons whether it be ingorance, jealousy, envy, stubborness or whatever.

I'd love to put this guy on a deserted island with a hundred Sphynx cats & no human companionship for a few months. Betchya' a 100 to 1 he'd make nice with the kitties:LOL:

This is why we have Sphynx Lair. It is our safe harbor in the storm of hatred:ThumbsUp:

maxtmill

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
thats aweful. i dont know why people have to be so hateful. everyone thats met baldwin love him. i have had some people tell me that gucci (my hairless chinese crested) was the ugliest thing ever. :( jerks!
I also have cresties, & they are the best!! Everyone thinks they are ugly! Poop on 'em!

sphynxsophia

Lairian
Men Shmen! Blah. I had one come up to me in MY car and look at MY cat and tell me she looks Evil.. My response: Ill take evil over ugly so you dont feel inferior.

:) I could post everyone in my extended fmaily who thinks my cat is creepy, or batlike, or not worth the money when there are hundreds of blahblahblah...

He sounds like he would fit right in but Im not taking applications at this time.

Joleen

Lairian
sorry for that idiot but you're cat is one of the prettiest i have seen .
if they only had the chance to truly expiriance a sphynx they would probably say its the most amazing cat ever

my boyfriend used to say cats are stupid and evil and make a mess out of everything
and i don't know what it was but once he saw a sphynx in a picture he was so amazed by it mostly by its beauty but also since he hates the furr it makes him sneeze it was an animal he could really relate to and find himself bonding with he is a vegetarian after all he cares for animals more then he likes them since his condition prevents him from really getting close to any animal with furr which is almost every animal
so he took me to see one it has been one of my favorite breeds for the longest time but i never saw one in person
it was a donsky and we werent planing on getting one ..
but then we both just really really wanted one so we just went on a two hour trip on a bus it was 5pm totally spontaneous and got back home at midnight with our little baby
now my boyfriend is in the army and he says he misses the cat more then he misses me :Dizzy:

just shows that people need to open up to things ! and that you should never pay attention to anything bad people say about your baby because they are poor people who never got to have the love and fun you have .

Maxxnv

Lairian
I actually am offended by people who talk smack about my Shadow.

Taraforweb

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Meh... there will always be people who think sphynxs are ugly. Some may change their mind and some won't. It's ok if people don't like them. Really. It's their problem, not yours. I bet your cat doesn't care. =)

jovanna

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
It is not important what other people think. As long as you love your sphynx, that's all that matters. My bf didn't want to adopt a sphynx. He said that it would be like "...petting an old lady." Now that we have one, he treats him like a prince. He dotes on him more than I do.

oldtimetouches

Lairian
I dont care what anyone thinks. I love my Burton to death and think he is soooo handsome! BTW, my mom calls him cat-dog! :BigSmile:

Crinkuls

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:Laugh:
Doesnt bother me either what people think/say. I carry the pics of my 2 Sphynx with me at work (at a very busy supermarket checkout). I get called the "Cat-lady" or the "chatty lady" coz i talk a lot:LOL:
Most people who i show them to are fascinated as they are still rare in UK. I always say its fine if they dont like them as they arent "everyones cup of tea".
Im just glad we are all different or else this world would be a VERY boring place:Impish: