Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Another (sphynx) hater....sigh.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My sister's new boyfriend is always talking crap about my sphynx Piglet! He calls her ugly and gross and says that he doesn't understand why anybody would want a hairless cat. However, he doesn't say these mean things directly to me; I have to hear about it second-hand from my sister....coward!

Here's his stats:

Sex: Male
Dislikes: sphynx cats, obviously!
Gets along with other animals: Hates sphynx and not fond of cats in general.
Likes children: Yes, he adores his young son especially
Known biter: No, he's a low-key kind of guy
Illnesses: None, he's exceptionally fit and healthy.

Unlike my fiance, who is slowly being rehabilitated to like my sphynx, there is no hope for this guy. I get so tired of people calling my cat ugly!

Fortunately, the rest of my family all adore Piglet!

(To protect privacy, I will NOT be posting a photo)

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yeah, he went down a few notches on my list just because of that! :tinysmile_tongue_t: I think my sister needs a new boyfriend...preferably a sphynx-loving one!

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My sister's new boyfriend is always talking crap about my sphynx Piglet! He calls her ugly and gross and says that he doesn't understand why anybody would want a hairless cat. However, he doesn't say these mean things directly to me; I have to hear about it second-hand from my sister....coward!

Here's his stats:

Sex: Male
Dislikes: sphynx cats, obviously!
Gets along with other animals: Hates sphynx and not fond of cats in general.
Likes children: Yes, he adores his young son especially
Known biter: No, he's a low-key kind of guy
Illnesses: None, he's exceptionally fit and healthy.

Unlike my fiance, who is slowly being rehabilitated to like my sphynx, there is no hope for this guy. I get so tired of people calling my cat ugly!

Fortunately, the rest of my family all adore Piglet!

(To protect privacy, I will NOT be posting a photo)

ButterBall is pointing his middle finger straight up at this guy. He said as soon as he falls asleep, he's going to use that claw and leave a scar right across that punks face.

Maximus

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Whenever my 4yr old goddaughter comes over she asks wheres your dog lol. for some reason she can't get it through her head its a cat, cracks me up eveytime

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Whenever my 4yr old goddaughter comes over she asks wheres your dog lol. for some reason she can't get it through her head its a cat, cracks me up eveytime

That's funny, Max! Some of the neighbor kids here think Piglet is a dog, too. And El Gato had a similar experience when he took Butterball to his local PetSmart a few weeks ago....the kids there kept insisting that BB was a dog, even after they were told that he's a cat! :Hysterical:

Annelies

Lairian
We do have a lot of sphynx haters here. My grandfather called them 'terreble", my coach called them "gremlins" and a colleague of my husband called Sméagol "a devil"and was sereusly intimidated by him. (only by seeing a photo!)

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I hate people who hate sphynx! They don't know what they're missing out on and if they knew anything about these cats and their lovely personalities then they wouldn't be like that! The idiots!!!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
who could not love piglet she is a beautiful sweet girl!

Well said, Maggies mommy...she's the sweetest thing ever. Most people who meet her fall absolutely in love with her...even the ones who normally don't like cats. :Adore: I get offers all the time from people asking if they can have her if I no longer want her (like that's ever going to happen!).

lexin77

Lairian
boooooo.....
I had a 4yr old in my office with Ripley the other day..
She kept saying 'doggie doggie', then Ripley meowed.
The kid couldn't stop crying after that. Traumatized for life..
Maybe that is why he doesn't like the sphynx? :Idea:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
boooooo.....
I had a 4yr old in my office with Ripley the other day..
She kept saying 'doggie doggie', then Ripley meowed.
The kid couldn't stop crying after that. Traumatized for life..
Maybe that is why he doesn't like the sphynx? :Idea:

:LOL::LOL: I think that is halarious! I'm sure the kid will be fine later in life. lol Hopefully!!

lylwhitetiger

Lairian
thats aweful. i dont know why people have to be so hateful. everyone thats met baldwin love him. i have had some people tell me that gucci (my hairless chinese crested) was the ugliest thing ever. :( jerks!

BaldKarma

Lairian
I totally agree, Sam and Tanya! Fortunately, our sphynx babies have a way of winning people over...even my sister's BF doesn't call Piglet ugly anymore and now comments on how nice Piglet plays with his three-year-old son.

my 2 cats are the same way only people that say there wierd have only seen pics even people at pet stores end up likeing them.

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
ButterBall is pointing his middle finger straight up at this guy. He said as soon as he falls asleep, he's going to use that claw and leave a scar right across that punks face.

Yea, & while he's busy dealing with the scratch on his face, tell BBall to toss a few lizards down his pants:LOL:

Back