Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Antics of the von Strange Family

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Hello one and all,

I have missed everyone here. And I am sorry that I missed the introductions of what appears to be so many new members. Cannot wait to get caught up. But I wanted to waive my hands and post some photos of Max and Min with some brief explanations.

Since I was last here, Max and Min have mostly been wonderful. Max celebrated his 4th birthday in September and Min celebrated her 3rd birthday in November.

Also in November, we went to Salt Spring Island for a whole week. Suffice to say, Max and Min enjoyed themselves although it was a little too cold to go out as much as we did the last time. One of my favourite things to do while at Salt Spring is to get up early, before the sun even makes the remotest appearance, and bundle Max up in a very warm blanket, along with myself, and stand out on the outdoor deck, watching the sun slowly rise. I lean against the railing of the deck so that Max is more or less resting on it (but still bundled in a blanket and held against me). He absolutely loves watching and listening to all the animals wake up themselves. At the cabin we stay at, there are deer, rabbits, lots of birds, and all manner of other small creatures.

Here is Max, sporting a couple of wounds from play fighting with his sister, Min.
maximillian_von_strange_40784459_334103084033213_2544529805871871770_n (1).jpg

Max and Min look like a couple of hoodlums here. LOL.
maximillian_von_strange_41356115_107917240099141_8405222388461051155_n (2).jpg

Min had to go to the hospital as she decided to eat half of one of my wool socks and it got lodged in her intestines. Suffice to say that was the most expensive sock I have ever purchased in my life. In any event, she is fine. It was a bit of an ordeal as she had a little bit of a setback, but nothing slows her down. Sometimes I wish something did! At least something not harmful.
maximillian_von_strange_42565048_756459644715385_4160360110252034967_n (1).jpg

Along with the colder weather comes the turning on of the heater. Max loves hanging out in this windowsill, soaking up the heat.
maximillian_von_strange_44644726_305248926870170_2101162835358584228_n (1).jpg

Max soaking up the sunlight. Check out his shiny tail from all of his tail sucking! Silly cat.
maximillian_von_strange_45842271_189257475341532_5960912173563112998_n.jpg

My heart.
maximillian_von_strange_44735865_2590530794305342_5550734675269911551_n.jpg

This expression all but says "who farted?".
maximillian_von_strange_41826058_314751819302218_413130961260364463_n.jpg

Supposedly one of the toughest chew toys around… I must concur, that it is. Min makes short work of pretty much any toy, but Wolfie has lasted the longest. Even though he is an amputee, without tail, without ears, and most of his stuffing missing. Don't worry, I'm the one who pulls out the stuffing when she gets too close. I also snip off bits and pieces that look like they would detach and cause issues. Daily toy inspections are necessary with Min.
maximillian_von_strange_46630183_567114650416862_649637465821729160_n.jpg

Now I'm going to pour myself a glass of wine, and catch up on the 'Lair!

Happy holidays to each and everyone of you.

Xan

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Soooooo happy to see the family von Strange back online. I missed you a lot.
I'm in Taiwan now so not much time to answer your post but just wanted to let you know I'm happy to see you here. Love all the photos of Max and Min (that little devil).

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@Cleopatra Beers – this is Min's 2ND operation. The first time was with her intussusception, and now for eating the wool sock. I think I need a real zipper on that belly for every time she eats something she shouldn't. She has been with us now for almost 3 years and we are still finding things that she decides are better ingested rather than left alone. It's been quite a struggle, but all we can do is stay on top of everything to the best of our abilities.

And yes, definitely the most expensive cats. It's funny because one of the veterinarian techs told me (when I picked up Max on Friday after his teeth cleaning) that she had really wanted a Sphynx cat until she met mine! LOL LOL. She said that she could not afford one.

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Very happy to see this update ! I’ve wondering where the Strange family was :) sorry to hear that Min had to have another operation, that stinker!

Yoda mom

Staff member
Yah! Your bsck! Happy blasted bday wishes to Max and Min!

Oh my ... A sock! Yikes!
wow she did a number on that toy!

Loved all the adorable pics! Head smooches ! Amd hugs to you !
Enjoy your wine amd catching up!

Cinafina

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Amazing pictures and tales! Oh heavens, why a sock Min?! I hope she's all healed up now - sure sounds like she keeps you on your toes to put it mildly! Sounds beautiful up at the lodge, can just picture you and Max waiting for dawn...lovely! :giggle:

Reading about the antics and misadventures of some nakids and their parents on here, makes it seem like I have a really easy time of it! :ROFLMAO: (hoping I haven't jinxed myself now :oops:)

lealea

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Goodness! Minschief really does get into a lot of things she shouldn’t! What a sassy and naughty girl.
Gorgeous photos. I haven’t been on here for a long time but had to share news. It’s graat to be back and see old friends and their babies

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hello one and all,

I have missed everyone here. And I am sorry that I missed the introductions of what appears to be so many new members. Cannot wait to get caught up. But I wanted to waive my hands and post some photos of Max and Min with some brief explanations.

Since I was last here, Max and Min have mostly been wonderful. Max celebrated his 4th birthday in September and Min celebrated her 3rd birthday in November.

Also in November, we went to Salt Spring Island for a whole week. Suffice to say, Max and Min enjoyed themselves although it was a little too cold to go out as much as we did the last time. One of my favourite things to do while at Salt Spring is to get up early, before the sun even makes the remotest appearance, and bundle Max up in a very warm blanket, along with myself, and stand out on the outdoor deck, watching the sun slowly rise. I lean against the railing of the deck so that Max is more or less resting on it (but still bundled in a blanket and held against me). He absolutely loves watching and listening to all the animals wake up themselves. At the cabin we stay at, there are deer, rabbits, lots of birds, and all manner of other small creatures.

Here is Max, sporting a couple of wounds from play fighting with his sister, Min.
View attachment 89375

Max and Min look like a couple of hoodlums here. LOL.
View attachment 89376

Min had to go to the hospital as she decided to eat half of one of my wool socks and it got lodged in her intestines. Suffice to say that was the most expensive sock I have ever purchased in my life. In any event, she is fine. It was a bit of an ordeal as she had a little bit of a setback, but nothing slows her down. Sometimes I wish something did! At least something not harmful.
View attachment 89377

Along with the colder weather comes the turning on of the heater. Max loves hanging out in this windowsill, soaking up the heat.
View attachment 89378

Max soaking up the sunlight. Check out his shiny tail from all of his tail sucking! Silly cat.
View attachment 89379

My heart.
View attachment 89380

This expression all but says "who farted?".
View attachment 89383

Supposedly one of the toughest chew toys around… I must concur, that it is. Min makes short work of pretty much any toy, but Wolfie has lasted the longest. Even though he is an amputee, without tail, without ears, and most of his stuffing missing. Don't worry, I'm the one who pulls out the stuffing when she gets too close. I also snip off bits and pieces that look like they would detach and cause issues. Daily toy inspections are necessary with Min.
View attachment 89382

Now I'm going to pour myself a glass of wine, and catch up on the 'Lair!

Happy holidays to each and everyone of you.

Xan
Hello love !
Well firstly I just loved reading your post I was almost on that decking with you and Max .. there is nothing nicer than to watch a beautiful sun rise or sun setting , where our holiday place is we are in a prime position for both I love it as well
Oh my good lord poor min love you must of been out of your mind with worry ! Thanks to god a good vet and your nursing her back to good health ! I know it’s the love shown that helps with recovery ( from my own personal experience of illness ) this way min bounces back ! So very very happy she is back to normal !
Now you enjoy that wine and having a good mooch around !
Have a lovely Christmas
Xxx❤❤❤