Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Anxious Parents

DrJRobinson

Lairian
My partner and I adopted two beautiful Sphynx kittens last month (a brother and sister). We pick them up this Friday, and we couldn't be more nervous. Neither of us have had cats, and I had always considered myself a "cat hater." Well, that was until I met a Sphynx cat.

We have been purchasing everything we can think of in anticipation of their arrival; yet, I still feel like we have forgotten something. All I want is for them to enjoy their new home.

Wish me luck everyone!

Inferno12

Banned
My partner and I adopted two beautiful Sphynx kittens last month (a brother and sister). We pick them up this Friday, and we couldn't be more nervous. Neither of us have had cats, and I had always considered myself a "cat hater." Well, that was until I met a Sphynx cat.

We have been purchasing everything we can think of in anticipation of their arrival; yet, I still feel like we have forgotten something. All I want is for them to enjoy their new home.

Wish me luck everyone!
Congratulations on your new babies! You will find some wonderful people in here with lots of advice if you ever need it. You will always forget something but that just gives you a reason to go buy more "stuff"! Cant wait to see pictures of your new babies :Smile::Smile:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

Welcome to the site.
Do you have any pics pf them?
I would love to see them.
If you have any questions please ask and we can help you.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Welcome to the Lair!

Shopping for the new arrivals does always help a little with the anticipation. I spent more money on Snuffie before she came home probably then I have since she came home. lol Its so easy to spoil these kitties.

Congratulations!

DrJRobinson

Lairian
I've only spent about an hour on this site, and I have already discovered some great information.

I do have some pictures. Now I just have to figure out how to post them.

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh boy, you've never been owned by a cat before? Get ready. You'll soon be asking yourself why you never thought of yourself as a cat person.

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Congratulations!!! Don't worry, you will do great with the cats!! Lots of info here, and very friendly, knowledgeable people. As long as you have food and a litterbox, everything else is relatively minor. Welcome to the Lair!!!:ThumbsUp:

holly_savage

Banned
Congratulations!!! Don't worry, you will do great with the cats!! Lots of info here, and very friendly, knowledgeable people. As long as you have food and a litterbox, everything else is relatively minor. Welcome to the Lair!!!:ThumbsUp:
that is the truth...food and litter is all they need...but maybe add some sort of scratching post...

Oh, one piece of advice (if you haven't already been told) you should buy the same food they are currently getting from the breeder and then switch them to another brand slowly...if you were planning to. It is important not to switch their foods all of a sudden to avoid upset tummies and messy litter box gifts!

Can't wait to see the kittens

ranalashae

Banned
They are adorable! Congrats on the kittens! I also spent a lot on Nala before I got her, most of it she didn't even like! Have fun with your little babies :BigSmile:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
They are cute.
You will love them.
I had never even touched a sphynx before I got my first one.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I had seen them at shows before.
They are the best.
Cleos breeder said he hoped I would like her.
I liked her so much that I had to have more.

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Congrats and welcome to you both and your new babies. I can't wait to get to know you all better....now I am off to see baby pics!:Laugh:

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Aww, Scrote and Ova are adorable. Though I'm still laughing over their names. Welcome to the lair!

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh they are adorable!! :LOL: Love the names, lol, what kind of Dr. are you exactly:Surprise: very very cute babies!!

LLevenson

Lairian
Welcome to sphynxie-hood!! It's awesome! You will LOVE your hairless babies!! My hubby never considered himself a "cat person" and you should see him now! Sphynxies have a way of getting right into your heart!

The names you have chosen are AWESOME!!! Scrote & Ova rank up there with best names EVER!

Have fun with your new additions!

susi794

Staff member
How is anyone seeing pics? I see neither pics nor links to pics.
Welcome to the Lair! You might want to pick up some Lysine--available in the vitamin section of almost any store or you can buy it in paste or cat treats form. I buy a big jar from amazon dot com for about $18 with over 800 doses in it. Most of us give our cats this as an immuinty booster/preventative for feline herpes flare ups. You should also have several comfy blankies at various places around your home for Scrote and Ova to snuggle in. (I also love the names, by the way! )
Anyway, welcome to our little community--you and your partner are going to be so smitten with these kits that you'll never believe it!
Hugs,
Susi and the gang

susi794

Staff member
Ahhhh...thanks, Mews!
Went there and saw the babies--love them both!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello DrJRobinson and welcome to Sphynxlair! I'm sure everything will go smoothly with your new Sphynx! Thanks for sharing! Please enjoy the site!