Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Any Advice for First Time CatGenie User?

SpinkieMom

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I finally took the leap and invested in a CatGenie! It's for my four cats. I haven't set it up yet so any advice about set up, placement, switching the kits over, maintenance, etc. would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Inflamed

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Wow, I didn't even know such things existed! What I wonder about is what happens when one of your cats wants to use it during the cleaning process? Will you keep a regular box in the house as well? It looks very convenient though :ThumbsUp:

Sorry I don't have any advice but wish you the best of luck with the transition!

Monchchichi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I finally took the leap and invested in a CatGenie! It's for my four cats. I haven't set it up yet so any advice about set up, placement, switching the kits over, maintenance, etc. would be appreciated.

Thanks,

I have never used the CatGenie, but I do use a Diaper Genie Elite and it works great. I just sprinkle a little bit of baking soda inside at the beginning of a new bag. The "poo sausage" as I call it is a little disgusting when removing but other than that I couldn't live without it. The refills are cheapest at COSTCO.

Monchchichi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Disregard my post, I wasn't aware what the CatGenie was.... I thought it was the same thing as a diaper genie but the cat version one...since you can buy them where I live. I've never used a self cleaning litterbox...I think it would scare my boys from using it.

SpinkieMom

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Wow, I didn't even know such things existed! What I wonder about is what happens when one of your cats wants to use it during the cleaning process? Will you keep a regular box in the house as well? It looks very convenient though :ThumbsUp:

Sorry I don't have any advice but wish you the best of luck with the transition!
I've owned a Littermaid before and I think (and hope) they'll just "hold it" until the cleaning process is completed. I do plan on keeping their old box until they get accustomed to the LitterGenie. I will also keep standard litter/supplies on hand in case the LG breaks down or there is an extended power outage.

Amanda Ibbotson

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I looked into getting one then talked myself out of it:Hysterical:PLEASE PLEASE let me know how things go with it so excited for you!!:ThumbsUp::BigSmile:

SphynxKid

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I looked into it too but until I finish my second floor, I only have one small bathroom and the catgenie looks like it would take up most of the room I have available since it has to be attached. Unless it can go down into a regular sewer drain. Where are you putting it?

Jem

SpinkieMom

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I looked into it too but until I finish my second floor, I only have one small bathroom and the catgenie looks like it would take up most of the room I have available since it has to be attached. Unless it can go down into a regular sewer drain. Where are you putting it?

Jem

I plan on putting it in my laundry room where their box is located now. I have a pretty good layout in there for the CatGenie--there I a wash sink with cabinets underneath and a counter right next to it with an large open space underneath (where the current box is). Across from that is my washer/drier.

Here is a link to the specs-FYI:

http://www.catgenie.com/media/manuals/cg60_Owners-Guide.pdf

Back