Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

any other breeds of cats?

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Gosh, I kind of feel like a slacker. I have just one sphynx. Though I'm on a waiting list and hope to get a new baby sometime next spring.

Gizzymom

Banned
Gosh, I kind of feel like a slacker. I have just one sphynx. Though I'm on a waiting list and hope to get a new baby sometime next spring.

meee toooo, Marlene. Gizzy is an only child. But he is the most spoiled, loved boy in the whole world!!! :ThumbsUp:

TotenEngel

Banned
4 is kinda a good number for me, I've had a few ups and downs on that number but with current space and time its always seemed right.
However, we are looking at much bigger properties!!!!:LOL::LOL:

Ahicks99

Banned
Yayyy Im not the only one that lives in a Zoo. All though Ive trimmed it back I find myself wanting more. I love my crazy wonderful zoo life At this time I only have Grandpa Yorkie, Mama Yorkie, two baby girl Yorkies a Persian Cat and am patiently waiting for my Sphynx. :Sweat: Recently took in a rescue so we'll see how that goes. Really want another Sphynx but have to settle down before things get to crazy. I tell people if you dont like it dont come over. Some people are judgemental creatures and any snide remark I hear about my pets I flip. My pets are like my children and are treated as such. I dont expect you to like it, I expect you to respect it. Thats all! Now is that to much to ask???

maxtmill

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
You know, I used to be hurt when my kids would call me an animal "hoarder", but since watching that tv show called "Hoarders", I KNOW I am not! We have 10 dogs & soon to be 6 cats, & 3 nice fish tanks (& 2 tiny ones). But, all my animals are purebred, have all been neutered & microchipped, well-vetted, all are clean & nails kept clipped. They all live in our home, & the dogs have a dog door to the fenced in back yard. The dogs sleep in our bedroom, all in their beds except for the 2 little ones who sleep in our bed (they are afraid of their crates!). When we leave the house for work, the cats are closed in their bedroom upstairs, with their cat tree, toys, litter boxes, & window seat. They usually just all follow me upstairs because they love their room. I feel I am at my limit for pets at this time, but the ones I have are terrific & well-loved!

Bella07

Banned
And that's all that matters! As long as each animal is well-loved and happy, well who can fault you? It's only wrong when you have animals that you can't take care of properly.

Now, I keep hearing about the show Hoarders a lot! What channel is it on? Animal Planet or another? I'd love to see it.

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Right now we just have a Sphynx, a show siamese, a DSH and a fish tank. I had an abby that was a ruddy. He was something else. I know you will love your Somali.:Smile:

rikkuyuna

Lairian
I have my beautiful red sphynx, a black cat which my partner is convinced he is a Bombay lol. Also a red fox labrador, and a labradoodle. I also have some fish. and my horses live at my mums farm-does that count? If so we have 4 connemara ponies :) xxx

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
They eat salmon pellets and when bigger they will eat goldfish. I sometimes feed them shrimp. I have the white ones with pink. one with red eyes and one with black eyes. They are really small right now and sometimes I wonder if they will make it as I had them shipped in the mail a while back then the tank they were in drained when I wasn't home. They have had a rough time of it but seem to be doing ok.

Gizzymom

Banned
And that's all that matters! As long as each animal is well-loved and happy, well who can fault you? It's only wrong when you have animals that you can't take care of properly.

Now, I keep hearing about the show Hoarders a lot! What channel is it on? Animal Planet or another? I'd love to see it.

Bella, I know Hoarders is on TLC... Can't remember if Animal Hoarders is on TLC (The Learning Channel) or APL (Animal Planet)...

Both are horrifying... I can't watch animal hoarders - it upsets me too much... I know these situations are out there... but I can't look at them! :Cry:

Gizzymom

Banned
Yayyy Im not the only one that lives in a Zoo. All though Ive trimmed it back I find myself wanting more. I love my crazy wonderful zoo life At this time I only have Grandpa Yorkie, Mama Yorkie, two baby girl Yorkies a Persian Cat and am patiently waiting for my Sphynx. :Sweat: Recently took in a rescue so we'll see how that goes. Really want another Sphynx but have to settle down before things get to crazy. I tell people if you dont like it dont come over. Some people are judgemental creatures and any snide remark I hear about my pets I flip. My pets are like my children and are treated as such. I dont expect you to like it, I expect you to respect it. Thats all! Now is that to much to ask???

I agree Alysia...Gizmo IS my child... I get people who say... "but he is NOT a child"
Why can't you just accept that to me, he is??? Is that so difficult to understand?? People seem to be more accepting of the town "insane" woman who walks around with a doll in a baby carriage (not that we have one, but there was one in my town when I was a kid)....
Thank God I am to the point where I could give a rat's a** what strangers think about me... and I am getting to the point where I could care less what my "pseudo" friends think about me!!
I am a crazy cat lady!!! Wooo Hoooo!!!:LOL:

Moonlight

Lairian
I have 2 chinese cresteds, a chihuahua, a sphynx, and a persian. I also have a hairless mouse.

I'm a foster home for a hairless dog rescue, so I do have 2 foster cresteds as well.

I'm definitely adding a great dane one day. :)

maxtmill

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I have 2 chinese cresteds, a chihuahua, a sphynx, and a persian. I also have a hairless mouse.

I'm a foster home for a hairless dog rescue, so I do have 2 foster cresteds as well.

I'm definitely adding a great dane one day. :)

That sounds like a plan! I am surprised at how many Sphynx lovers also have fish tanks, French Bulldogs, Chinese Cresteds & so on! We arwe quite a group, aren't we? Those little axolotl critters looked interesting, too!:BigSmile:

maxtmill

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Update: I drove to Louisiana from Alabama to pick up my Somali kitten yesterday - another 1000 miles logged in on my 10-yr old jeep!! She is a doll! She is a show-quality dark fawn girl, who unfortuneately had to have a nasopharangeal bacterial polyp surgically removed through an incision in her neck a few months ago. She just turned 8 months old, & she has some residual damage from the surgery - her head tilts to one side, & she makes these little snoring sounds - as a result, no show cat career for her! That turned out nicely for me, though - she is a real love bug. She kneads & purrs & rolls over for belly rubs! My sphynx girls are okay with her but one of my ragdolls isn't too pleased yet! I am trying to pick a name for her- I think it will be either "Roxie" or "Cha-cha".

Bella07

Banned
Update: I drove to Louisiana from Alabama to pick up my Somali kitten yesterday - another 1000 miles logged in on my 10-yr old jeep!! She is a doll! She is a show-quality dark fawn girl, who unfortuneately had to have a nasopharangeal bacterial polyp surgically removed through an incision in her neck a few months ago. She just turned 8 months old, & she has some residual damage from the surgery - her head tilts to one side, & she makes these little snoring sounds - as a result, no show cat career for her! That turned out nicely for me, though - she is a real love bug. She kneads & purrs & rolls over for belly rubs! My sphynx girls are okay with her but one of my ragdolls isn't too pleased yet! I am trying to pick a name for her- I think it will be either "Roxie" or "Cha-cha".

Congratulations! She sounds darling. Please post some pictures of her when you have a chance!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Congrats on getting her.
I would love to see pics also.
I see Somalis at shows and they are beautiful cats.
Sorry she needed surgery.

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian

Sweeet!!!
Two Somalis on the Lair now. :)

Fantastic quality of coat they have, right? Silk smooth without any undercoat almost. Just love to run my fingers through it and see the color changes.

You are gonna love your new cat if she is anything like mine and by the sound of it she really is. Takes some playing with to keep satisfied though. Active cats these and damn smart.

Glad for ya.

Ps: ehum... Pics!

Back