Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

any other breeds of cats?

maxtmill

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hello All! I originally started with a Ragdoll cat, then added 2 more. They are such beautiful sweet cats! I swore I would never have another breed of cat! Well...then I got a Sphynx, & then a second. I love my Sphynx!! Soon I will be getting my third Sphynx! To top it all off, my sisth (& FINAL) cat is going to be a Somali! My Ragdoll breeder also breeds Somalis, & has offered me an 8 month old fawn kitten that she has decided not to show! They are known as the "fox cat" because they are ticked, with a bushy tail, resembling a fox. They are really beautiful, & I am thrilled to be getting one. We also have alot of dogs, & several fish tanks! I was wondering about other SphunxLair members' other pets. What other breeds of cats (or other pets) does everyone have?

Inferno12

Banned
We have 2 Sphynx, a Norwegian Forest cat, a Manx, a Long haired Dachshund, a great Dane and a African Grey parrot! Its a zoo here

Of course my 2 Sphynx are my favorite and the last two cats I have gotten. I will never live without a Sphynx in my house again :ThumbsUp: although I do want t Devon Rex. I just love their faces and body shapes.

Gullivers Keeper

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
We have 2 DSH and 2 Sphynxs... I WANT more Sphynxes and Serval a Great Dane and an African Grey.... And fancy chickens and a goat... Guess we should move to the country :LOL::LOL: my poor husband :LOL::LOL:

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Yei!

Good choice.
I have a sphynx and a SOMALI!!! :Laugh:

A Sorrel Silver one that is going into shows and breeding.
You are gonna love your Somali, thay are very nice active cats with an almost magic coat of furr. Stroke them against the hair and they change color right in fromt of your eyes.
Also they have almost no undercoat so they do not need brushing more than very rarelly so they take care of themselves. I brush him now and then anyway just because I like to do it and he doesn't seem to mind.
I am quite active in a somali/aby-club so if you have any questions feel free to ask.

maxtmill

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Well, I am glad I'm not the only "crazy pet lady" around here! It is alot of work, but so worth it to have alot of animals! I do get sick of my adult kids complaining about dog or cat hair when they visit - they seemed to forget that while they were growing up, we had a pony, cats, dogs, goats, pigs, cows, guinea pigs, a few birds, etc!:ThumbsUp:

maxtmill

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Yei!

Good choice.
I have a sphynx and a SOMALI!!! :Laugh:

A Sorrel Silver one that is going into shows and breeding.
You are gonna love your Somali, thay are very nice active cats with an almost magic coat of furr. Stroke them against the hair and they change color right in fromt of your eyes.
Also they have almost no undercoat so they do not need brushing more than very rarelly so they take care of themselves. I brush him now and then anyway just because I like to do it and he doesn't seem to mind.
I am quite active in a somali/aby-club so if you have any questions feel free to ask.

How cool that you also have a Somali! Mine will be a very dark fawn female. I have wanted one for awhile now, & was kind of hoping for a rudy, but my breeder says this fawn girl is stunning! I am very excited! Is yours extremely active? I think I will name mine "Roxie", not sure yet. The breeder said she likes to name them kind of active, sassy names.:BigSmile:

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
How cool that you also have a Somali! Mine will be a very dark fawn female. I have wanted one for awhile now, & was kind of hoping for a rudy, but my breeder says this fawn girl is stunning! I am very excited! Is yours extremely active? I think I will name mine "Roxie", not sure yet. The breeder said she likes to name them kind of active, sassy names.:BigSmile:

Yeah this is cool. Such rare breeds as Sphynx and Somali and we both have the two. :)
Well soon anyway for you.

They are very active yes. Not like a Bengal but close to it. Certainly more than a sphynx. They do like to cuddle a lot but the Sphynx beat them in that department. The nice things with somalis are that they are extremelly smart. They are after all the sister breed of one of the smartest breeds out there the abby so it's not that strange.
They read their owner well and leave you alone if you wanna be alone and are always around if you want that, nothing need to be said. If you do something they are there to check out what happens and if you don't play with them regularilly they will tell you.
Not loud cats with strong voices but they do talk a lot.

Bella07

Banned
Somali's are gorgeous! Now you all have me wanting one! But, first on my list is to get a Sphynx, which will probably be around next summer. As to my pets, I own one Maine Coon mix, and another cat that is a mix (No idea on the breed.) I also own a mutt, a golden retriever, and a shih tzu....another big zoo in our city home!

Chameleon924

Lairian
We currently only have Splash our Sphynx and AJ our Mini Poodle. But we have always had a full house. I am a HUGH great dane lover/fan at heart, at one point I had 6 great danes living indoors with us! :Surprise: (3 Were mine and 3 were resuce's I was fostering.) Plus Hairless Guniea Pigs, Sugar Gliders, and Hairless Rats!

I have also had a sphynx named Ursula and a Bambino (sphynx/munchkin hybrid) named Velvet. If it weren't because I am due to have a baby in two wks and we are trying to move back to FL by 2013, our house would still be a zoo! LOL

laurame

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Oh my well let see hmm when it comes to cats I have three 1 Sphynx (Sherlock), 2 DSH one is a tripod :). Ok now dogs. 1 Great Dane, 1 Bloodhound and 3 Italian Greyhounds. I also have 5 Leopard geckos and 5 fish tanks. LOL!!! Wow, when you start typing you realize holy crap I have a lot of animals!!!!

Hi I am Laura and I have a problem :BigSmile:

maxtmill

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
One of our dogs is a Great Dane, along with 3 elderly pugs, 3 French Bulldogs, 2 Chinese Cresteds, & a Beagle - plus 2 sphynx & 2 Ragdolls (soon to be 3 sphynx 2 ragdolls & a Somali). It really is a zoo, but a fun one. My kids may hate it, but that is too bad! Thay are all out on their own!:ThumbsUp:

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have 2 sphynx , 1 chihuahua, 1 mini australian shepard, 1 blue crawdad and several fish. If you count my mother, my 2 kids and all the pets- I'd say we have our own zoo going on here:LOL: Good luck on your somali- they are beautiful:BigSmile:

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
What a great thread! never realized how many of us had zoos! hehe

i'm terrible allergic to both cats and dogs... i knew i was allergic to cats- so my fiancee surprised with my first sphynx and i surprised him with his first english bulldog. shorely after i found out i was highly allergic to dogs- :( hard way to learn... but anyway... currently we have 3 Sphynx and 3 English Bulldogs :) (i have learned to live with them!)

TotenEngel

Banned
I only ever have a feline zoo!!
Currently 2 x red tabby DSH a black/white DSH and Smeagol who is a don sphynx :)

Though in the past I bred colourpoints/persians and turkish vans

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I only have cats right now but want a Chinese Crested in the future.
I have 3 sphynx a Bombay I got last week who will be for breeding and 3 Russian Blue Mixes even though two of them do not look Russian Blue at all.
The Somalis are beautiful cats and the judges do call the tails foxes.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Other than my two Sphynx cats, I have a purebred blue-point male Siamese cat named Reno. He gets along with my sphynxes very well. :BigSmile:

I'd love to have more animals, but I don't have the space in my small home for any more...having three cats is already pushing it! :Dizzy:

NightSpidy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I have 1 DSH, 3 sphynx's and 2 min-pin chihuahua crosses and I have a problem but I'm glad I'm not the only one! My husband, Noel, has referred to our house as "Noel's Arc" :LOL:

spygirl

Banned
The only cat we'll ever have is a sphynx, due to my husband's allergies. But we have lots of other fur babies. We have...

Sophie, the Shih Tzu
Blue, the Texas Blue Lacy
6 crested geckos
2 ball pythons (more to come soon. yay!)
Bug, the bearded dragon
Croaky von Chubbykins, the chubby frog
Princess Cinnamon Bread, the rat
2 bettas
and five gallon fish tank with a green cory cat and a snail

Not to mention, you never know what random wild life you have around because I'm a registered wildlife rehabber. AND I'm a falconer, so there's usually a random bird of prey around too. My husband always says that when he married me I didn't tell the truth about some things. :Hysterical:

gizmo6370

Banned
At the moment i only have 6 sphynx cats and a bunch of little japanese koi's :Smile:....i had a Siamese cat ( 6,5 years ), a Bulldog ( almost 7 years ) and a Devon Rex ( 8,5 years )...but they all had to be pts at early age...:Cry:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
We currently only have 2 Sphynx. I've been laid off for nearly a year now so we are reluctant to add any additional loves to our life until we are once again in a bigger home and have financially recovered atleast a tiny bit. It is our hope that our future will allow us to have a large breed dog (jimmy and I can't agree on a specific breed just yet), and also add a Savannah as well along with a few large fish tanks.

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I have 5 sphynx cats, a french bulldog, a shetland sheepdog, 2 fancy goldfish, a pleco, and 2 axolotls.

I would love a savannah someday. The breeder I got my last sphynx that I had put to sleep is trying to get me to take another kitty from her, but IF I do that would be in spring.

Back