Welcome to Sphynx Lair, a community dedicated to Sphynx owners!

Any rumours about Orijen?

Hi everyone!

I'm looking into cat food. I really want to feed him Orijen because I like the ingredients and the 'no grain' motto. Seems like it's next best to raw. However, I've heard rumours about all different brands of food and I want to know what you think.
I'm aware of the 'Australia incident' and it seems like an isolated occurrence relating to a radiation process or whatever they did during shipment...

I personally really like it=] Right now I'm feeding acana {which is made by same company} just little less in protein im not sure what other differences. I had read something about that also Ausie incident and as I remember it was just limited to what you just said. Try it and see how your kitty does on it good luck:ThumbsUp:

Both Orijin and Acana are both wonderful foods. There are more foods than just Orijin that produce "no grain" foods. Moreover, a company cannot be held responsible for something that happened in shipment. Be that as it may, it's fairly common for pets to consume contaminated food. Salmonella seems to be one of the most commonly tainted food bacterias.

Good luck! Sounds like your food choice will result in a very healthy cat. Good job for wanting something better than mediocre for your companion!

I'm feedin Orijen and I love it.
Australia incident has nothing to do with Orijen you can buy elsewhere, because the radation it had, was because of Australian government, who has rules too radiate food, that has had no heat treatment (and Orijen is made of fresh meat, even not frozen), and because of radiation, cats died :( and in my opinion, it's ONLY government's fault. I read a lot about it, and if I remember good, the radiation process even didn't took place in Canada factory where the food is made.. [but I'm not 100% sure about this one.]

after this incident, Orijen company (sorry, don't know the name) decided not to sell food in Australia anymore..