Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Any sewing fans can answer thus maybe?

Sheldon13

Staff member
Ellie loves her heated bed. But they drive me a little nuts because if I don’t make sure they are sitting on a specific type fabric the slip around all over the place. What can o put on the bottom of the bed so it doesn’t slip around? Is there something I can see on? Or something I can stick on?
074b9d94956b324b09108d06f42436f8.jpg

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Velcro could help. You can get the sticky-back kind if you don’t want to sew it. You could also try the non-skid fabric that is used for the bottoms of kids’ pajama feet. Or try getting silicone that comes in caulking tubes and seeing if that would stick to the bottom of the bed.
Marcus is spending lots of time on his heated cushion today, because thunderstorms stole his sunshine!

Sheldon13

Staff member
Velcro could help. You can get the sticky-back kind if you don’t want to sew it. You could also try the non-skid fabric that is used for the bottoms of kids’ pajama feet. Or try getting silicone that comes in caulking tubes and seeing if that would stick to the bottom of the bed.
Marcus is spending lots of time on his heated cushion today, because thunderstorms stole his sunshine!

Well I don’t think Velcro would work because my main issue is it sliding around on my bedsheets and I’m not going to see Velcro into those.

I was hoping there was something out there to iron on or stick on it that would be washable.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Would you be able to cut the sides of a box really low and place bed in it? That might stabilize the bed. You can then staple non-slip material to the bottom of the box. Then no issue of ruining bed by trying to add something to the actually bed @Sheldon13

Junipers Momma

Lairian
I sew some!
Question, do you want the heating pad to be "permanently" placed in one spot on the bed? (Other than removing it for washing and such)

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Well I don’t think Velcro would work because my main issue is it sliding around on my bedsheets and I’m not going to see Velcro into those.

I was hoping there was something out there to iron on or stick on it that would be washable.

Idk...we may be underestimating Velcro and sheets. It wouldn’t just stop the cat bed or pad from moving, but you could also use it to keep human bedmates from hogging the covers or taking your pillows. Just Velcro everything, including people into bed every night!:D

Last edited:

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
In a much more serious vein, the problem with iron-on or stick-on things is that they usually do not last long when they are washed and dried, even though they may say they are washable.
I am thinking that the most washable stuff would be the fabric that is used for pj soles. But it would have to be sewn onto the cat bed. Just do an internet search for non-slip fabric.

Junipers Momma

Lairian
I'm just gonna go on with what I'm thinking... Why not just use a few stitches and tac a matching'ish pillowcase to the sheet where you want it to stay? Then you could just pop the heating pad in the pouch when in use
If you hate it or it's not ideal for the situation, just cut the stitches out and nothing would be ruined

Sheldon13

Staff member
I'm just gonna go on with what I'm thinking... Why not just use a few stitches and tac a matching'ish pillowcase to the sheet where you want it to stay? Then you could just pop the heating pad in the pouch when in use
If you hate it or it's not ideal for the situation, just cut the stitches out and nothing would be ruined

The bed looks like this:
5081b331fbde62d179fc9d4a47fed010.plist

This is the bottom. Why they would use this slippery fabric I do not understand.
e7b991ad73a6dbb06978527a13e5f5a2.plist

Junipers Momma

Lairian
Thank you for the picture! I was thinking a flat bed.... you could try a no-sew option like gripper pads or if you're set on sewing something on I think the a little but of rug padding would help.

Attachments

• 20200504_201733.jpg
    20200504_201733.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 15

Sphynx Cuddles

Lairian

Sheldon13

Staff member
@Sheldon13 Did the gripper pads work out? I didn’t see this post until just today.
If you’re still looking for a solution, perhaps the fabric they use for children’s pajama feet would work...? I think some people call it “grip stop”. Cotton Grip Stop Wide Utility Fabric | JOANN

I actually bought some but have not used it yet because I discovered that as long as it is on a blanket it doesn’t move much. I may still try it anyways though because having the blanket there is quite bulky.

Back