Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Any success with toilet training and trips?

Kittay4me

Lairian
I was wondering if anyone has toilet trained their kitty to use our toilets and have taken them on road trips. I should be getting my new kitten next week and I just ordered the litter kwitter for her. I'd like to take her with me to places as much as possible. I was just wondering if they adapt to any toilet so that I could just take her to a rest stop or someones home without bringing a disposable litter box. I wouldn't want to confuse her.

Any input would help :)

pooner

Banned
I'm just starting litter kwitter with Pooner. The video makes it sound like if you travel you should take the litter kwitter with you but, I'm hoping that is not necessary. I'd be curious to know if anyone has an answer about this?

Morticia

Lairian
Morticia was trained with Litter Kwitter, she finished the green stadge last month. I have 2 toilets in my flat but she only goes into the toilet she was trained... I shall train her onto the other toilet maybe she will understand that she can go on any toilet? I shall let you know the progress

good luck! :Wink:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I have no clue if it works or not but that would be cool. One word of advice tho,,bring wipeys when using other peoples toilets,,dont want to get other people germies on their feeties!!

Yes I'm a germ-a-phob and proud! lol

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
We are just starting the toilet training as well, but I too would like to know if they will use other toilets.

tessblack

Banned
Morticia was trained with Litter Kwitter, she finished the green stadge last month. I have 2 toilets in my flat but she only goes into the toilet she was trained... I shall train her onto the other toilet maybe she will understand that she can go on any toilet? I shall let you know the progress

good luck! :Wink:

Mine are the same way. I ended up putting a carbon cover over the toliet so they would have more to stand on.

Twitch was having issue pooping in the toliet at the end of training so a guy at work molded it for us. Then we were having company so I moved the seat to the other bathroom and showed them. Well they still went to the other and used it without the seat. I was hoping that they would use both but don't seem to. I think if they are traveling they may use what toilet is there but not sure. The litter kwitter seat fits oval bowls, I have an oblong so I had to make something to make it fit. I guess you could bring it along and maybe because it is familiar they would use it.

Maua_Peterbald

Lairian
So it seems, they are used to using this specific toilet, not associating other toilets with litter box. So when I toilet train Frodo and will have to leave him for week or two at grandpa`s it`s better I prepare litter box for him ? And when he comes back I`ll have to start training once again ? Ufff, still not sure about trying Litter Kwitter ...

tessblack

Banned
So it seems, they are used to using this specific toilet, not associating other toilets with litter box. So when I toilet train Frodo and will have to leave him for week or two at grandpa`s it`s better I prepare litter box for him ? And when he comes back I`ll have to start training once again ? Ufff, still not sure about trying Litter Kwitter ...
I think if you maybe bring the last ring and seat and put it on her toilet and I think he would know what to do. Once he is trained maybe do a practice run before you go away at your Grandmas. I am not sure what to tell you I am trying to get mine to use our Master bath as well.