Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Any Twilight fans?

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I know, I know feel free to tease me if you're not a fan because my boyfriend certainly does! He calls me a dork all the time.

In an attempt to fill the void the end of the Harry Potter books left me with I started reading the Twilight books and loved the first movie. I cannot wait for the next one!

Anyway, I was just wondering if there are any other Twilight fans. Because if you love the Twilight series and sphynx you just have to be my long lost bff- :LOL: :LOL:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
I know, I know feel free to tease me if you're not a fan because my boyfriend certainly does! He calls me a dork all the time.

In an attempt to fill the void the end of the Harry Potter books left me with I started reading the Twilight books and loved the first movie. I cannot wait for the next one!

Anyway, I was just wondering if there are any other Twilight fans. Because if you love the Twilight series and sphynx you just have to be my long lost bff- :LOL: :LOL:

I am not but our daughter is!

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I am not but our daughter is!

Yeah I'm definitely on the older side of the fan spectrum- haha.

My younger cousin's all have friends that are fans.

My stepmother loves it though and we didnt even know we both loved it til we were both in the middle of the books. :Smile:

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
No laughing at me because I KNOW I'm to old to be a fan but......I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE twilight and I'm pissed off that Taylor Lautner looks that good because it's ILLEGAL for me to look but I can't help it :Pudently: I'm so bad that not only have I read the books to many times and watched the movie more times then necessary, but I have all the books on CD and have been listening to them over and over again while sitting in traffic. Right now I'm in the middle of breaking dawn because I wanted to listen to New Moon to be prepared for the movie coming out and just couldn't stop. When Breaking Dawn came out and Borders had the midnight party for the release, I was mortified to find out that my baby brother who was going with some of his teeny bopper friends were going to be there. I begged him to go to another borders because I didn't want anyone to actually witness me there :Smile:

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Oh and I'm totally siked that The Vampire Diaries has been made into a tv show. That was my all time favorite book when I was a teenager and always wished it would be made into a movie and now it's gonna be a show :Laugh:

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
YAY a Twi-hard fan! :LOL:

I'm so glad I asked! I lent out two of my books- book one to try to recruit my younger brother after forcing him to watch the Twilight movie with me. He said he liked it so I said good, ok read this then I'll give you the next one and be ready to see New Moon with me. I warned him that he may think it is a little girlish but he liked the movie so I rationalized he can deal with it. We share the love for Harry Potter as well. Then I lent my stepmother Breaking Dawn so she could read it again since she has some but not all of the books.

Vampire Diaries - I've never read it but now I want to! I've seen the ads for the show. I'm going to have to look it up!

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I HAVE to read L.J. Smith. They are just re-releasing all her books and they are just so awesome. I actually still have all my old books from when I was a teenager. The bindings are pratically gone but the insides are like new because I'm pretty anal about my books. I can't even check something out at the library because I have to own it and I will go crazy when I see how disrespectful people are about they books they borrow.

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I LOVED the books!!! I am a definite fan!! But I must say I am an even bigger Harry Potter fan...well ok i'm a huge Harry Potter NERD!!:) You know..if you are having Harry Potter withdrawals like me, I have started reading the series The Secrets of Nicholas Flamel...VERY good books!! If you liked Harry Potter, and Twilight you will love these books! I promise!!

Last edited:

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I LOVED the books!!! I am a definite fan!! But I must say I am an even bigger Harry Potter fan...well ok i'm a huge Harry Potter NERD!!:) You know..if you are having Harry Potter withdrawals like me, I have started reading the series The Secrets of Nicholas Flamel...VERY good books!! If you liked Harry Potter, and Twilight you will love these books! I promise!!

Thanks for the suggestion- they sound really good! I just looked up the book on Amazon and saw one of the characters name is Sophie which is what I want to name my sphynx! Now I have to read it! :LOL:

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I just looked up Vampire Diaries and the Pilot episode airs tomorrow 8:00pm EST. I set my DVR! I hope its good! :Laugh:

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Mine's been set since Friday :Laugh: I hope it's good too. I love Ian Somerhalder and I'm excited that he's in it. I already read about some things that are different from the book like the fact that Elena will have a brother, in the book she had a baby sister who was only like 1 or 2.

lovinsphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I'm a huge Twilight fan i have the movie on blu-ray and i watch it at least three times a week, my husband will come home and be like not again aren't you sick of the dumb movie yet? of course i'll never be sick of it and can not wait to see New Moon! i asked for all the books for my birthday :Laugh:

AAMMYY

Lairian
I am definately a big fan! When I was younger I thought I wanted to name one of my kids Isabella. Now with the series I probably won't. Can you imagine how many Bella's, Edward's, etc will be entering the school system 10 years from now!! A TON.

I will have to make due with naming my new kitten Bella. MOSTLY, because of the meaning, and I've always liked it, but I can't deny the Twilight aspect makes it a bit more interesting.

I do like the name Alice as well lol. Maybe that will be Sphynx baby number 2!

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian

My husband thought I should add the fact that i'm such a big Harry Potter nerd that I even named our Sphynx Kreacher! The house elf that was Sirius's then became Harry's, and ultimately became a hero in the end :)

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My husband thought I should add the fact that i'm such a big Harry Potter nerd that I even named our Sphynx Kreacher! The house elf that was Sirius's then became Harry's, and ultimately became a hero in the end :)

I think it's a great name! Kreacher was so loyal in HP so its perfect!

I like to associate names with my favorite characters even when they don't apply. My bf already had a dog named Bella when we met so I think of Bella Swan. Then one of my co-workers had a baby and named him Cullen so I think of the Cullens - no reference intended I don't think. :LOL: I wanted to name my sphynx Esme but my bf made a face when I suggested it. Even though he has no idea what its from. So out of concern that when I get my baby home he won't call her by her name I've decided on Sophie just because I've always liked the name. :Cool:

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I saw the New Moon extended trailer that was played during the VMA's and got chills! I cannot wait. I was worried there would not be enough Robert Pattinson but it looks like they've done a good job incorporating him. And, of course, Taylor Lautner is to die for! My stepmom was saying how cute he is and I told her his age and her jaw dropped :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back