Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Anybody else ordered BoxScoop 2.0 or use 1.0??

CathyO

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Got notified that mine is coming tomorrow and I couldn't help contain my excitement. I hope it delivers. I am switching from Swheat Scoop to World's Best Cat litter today to see if it is better at clumping pee. It says it is flushable too?

The idea is to scoop in one sweep and little to no vacuuming around the litter box depending on what litter type you use. I use those generic top entry litter box and I still get litter on the floor despite the litter mats so I am really excited about this new litter box (cylinder)!

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I have not used any of the litters you have mentioned (loyal to Dr. Elsey’s since day 1 ;)), however I’ve seen many posts here about World’s Best causing issues for Sphynx. I can’t quite remember, but tagging someone who can!

@Yoda mom Thoughts on World’s Best litter?

CathyO

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I have not used any of the litters you have mentioned (loyal to Dr. Elsey’s since day 1 ;)), however I’ve seen many posts here about World’s Best causing issues for Sphynx. I can’t quite remember, but tagging someone who can!

@Yoda mom Thoughts on World’s Best litter?

Thanks! Yes, would like to know what the issues are. Only bought a small one for trial. So far my sphynx has ignored it but my other cat has used it right away as she always likes to be the first one to mark new litter. World's Best looks like Swheat Scoop (like large sand) which was a surprise to me given that the former is supposedly corn.

What do you like about Dr. Elsey's?

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@CathyO Tbh, it was recommended to me by my first boy’s breeder & it worked well for both kitties, so I’ve never thought to switch. I believe it’s a clay litter. We’ve never had an accident outside the box, & it’s very clumping/easy to scoop.
They only downside I’ve seen is it tends to scatter, especially on our dark hardwoods. I’ve remedied this by switching to a top entry box & put it facing the corner with a ‘Black Hole litter mat.’ That’s reduces the scatter quite significantly!!

Top Entry Litter Box
Dr. Elseys Cat Attract

Back