Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Anybody know where to buy chicken that hasn't been plumped?

Condo commando

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
All the chicken I can find has 15% added water, sodium, etc.

I've tried BJ's, GFS, Walmart. Anybody know if there's a national chain that sells just the bird without the injection?

I'm in the USA.

Last edited:

Condo commando

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@admin I'm sorry I don't know how I did this but I started a thread and it became a sticky....it was supposed to be just a regular thread....if you can move it please feel free.

Condo commando

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi, I order all my raw food from Hare-today. They only sell for pet feeding. I have been very pleased with them.
Agree, I've been buying rabbit from HT and it's consistently high quality. I mix half of ground rabbit and half ground whole carcass (with fur) so the cats get some fiber and also to keep the bone % down.

However, the chicken they sell is is very high in bone and I would still have to buy some boneless chicken to add in. For the price of having it shipped to me it's not worth it, so I'm just trying to find another source for chicken. You would think it's not that hard but every food store I go to has chicken that has been injected with 15% sodium water :(