Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Anyone else have strange fears/phobias??

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Ok, there's something I have to admit...

I'm terrified of peaches! :Surprise:

They scare the living heck out of me and make my skin crawl...I can't walk down an aisle in a supermarket if those nasty fruits are on the shelf:Smile:

I know it's strange, people tell me so all the time, but i can't help it...

You wouldn't believe how upset I get when people say Mug-Y feels like a peach!!

Anyone else have any strange phobias so I don't feel like quite such a freak??

P.S. I'm also scared of clowns...

X

Fester

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
not currently, but i think I'm developing one...

I ride a motorcycle all the time -- I find that I switch lanes to give as much space as I can between myself and any cars that have bumper stickers that indicate the driver has children ( my child was on honor roll at .... etc.)

I'm not sure it counts as a phobia, because those soccer moms/dads always seem to have a cell phone glued to their ear and a pathological hatred for using turn signals...

wundrlust

Lairian
I had a chiidhood friend of mine in PA. Her Mom was scared of peaches. She would even freak out if someone said the word "Peaches". I was amazed.

I dislike clowns. Growing up my folks would take me to Sak's in Old Orchard. The childrens' clothes were on the lower level. When we took the escalator down there would always be the store clown greeting everyone. He disturbed me terribly!

I'm also a texture person ... if it doesn't feel good it doesn't go in my mouth or on my body! Love the flavor of coconut but hate the feel. Cotton in my mouth at the dentist makes me crazy!!!!! Wool anywhere on my body makes me mean. Yes, I know....I gets lots of strange looks when I tell others that!

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
hahahhaha, look what I found.

BOO!
the-peach.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

maxtmill

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Well, I am a Registered Nurse, but I am kind of a germaphobe!:Surprise: My mother says I was always so squeamish, she is amazed I would go into nursing. Actually, being a germaphobe makes me a really good nurse - no patient has ever gotten sick from me or from anyone elses' germs on my hands!:Cool:

lemmysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
El Gato that video was crazy!! I am terrified of clowns!! I mean I will start crying hysterically and think that I am going to pee my pants. LOL I can not handle them at all!!

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Ok, there's something I have to admit...

I'm terrified of peaches! :Surprise:

They scare the living heck out of me and make my skin crawl...I can't walk down an aisle in a supermarket if those nasty fruits are on the shelf:Smile:

I know it's strange, people tell me so all the time, but i can't help it...

You wouldn't believe how upset I get when people say Mug-Y feels like a peach!!

Anyone else have any strange phobias so I don't feel like quite such a freak??

P.S. I'm also scared of clowns...

X

1. Clowns scare the CRAP out of me! Never will my children have anything clownlike.

2. I will not touch a condiment bottle or pump if it has that crusty stuff around where it comes out, so most of the time I don't use condimaents or I only use my own personal condiments at home and wipe it off after use every time.

3. Just thinking about hard boiled eggs make my gag reflex jolt.

4. I have a severe phobia of (sorry if this is tmi) throwing up. I start crying, and panicking, and hyperventilating. I take nausea pills at the slightest sign.

5. You won't ever ever ever EVER get me into the woods at night.

Make you feel any better? lol

Bella07

Banned
Peaches???.....They may scare you, but I think they're delicious! :LOL:
The things that really get me are roaches of any sort. I live in an old house, and during this time, of year, they come around......all the time :Badly:

The other day I was washing my hands in the kitchen sink, I look down, and there is this huge, nasty, black thing running in my sink.....yep, it was a roach. I screamed like I was crazy and flew out of the house! Yuck! I actually had to call someone to get it out for me.

I also always feel like there is someone hiding in my basement waiting for me. And when I go down to do laundry, I always have to do a thorough check everywhere to make sure it's safe. :Surprise: That's why I hate doing the laundry!

And this is weird, but I can't stand it when people throw or toss a bag of chips. Not sure why....just do :Laugh:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Phobias and fears. None of mine are to strange.
1. Some thing happening to one of my kids.
2. Spiders
3. Snakes
4. Death (I know it happens but it freaks me out)

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That's it for me....if it isn't already bad enough ( have to get a neighbor....if the hubbie isn't home....when i spot one in the house ) :Dizzy: :Sweat:

I am very afraid of spiders.... However after 15 yrs of living with my husband I now know not to let him know when I see a spider because he will take it and chase me around the house!!! NO JOKE!! So now I can kill them myself!:Surprise:

I too am very afraid of death!! Ever since I was a kid I used to have nightmares about it!!

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
The death thing got me thinking. When I was a child I was petrified of nuclear war with Russia. Some of the older folks may remember the drills we did in elementary school. I was convinced there would be a nuclear war. After the fall of communism and when I got older I spoke with several Russians who were convinced of the same thing. They were taught that Jimmy Carter could press a button and kill everyone in Russia.

Looking back, I think both our governments were extremely stupid. They were both paranoid for no reason. The American people had no problem with Russian people and vice versa. It was completely 100% political. One government didn't like the other. It had nothing to do with persecution, tyranny, or oppression of people.

Uggh, sometimes I really hate our government. OK, off my soapbox.

holly_savage

Banned
I don't have any phobias that I know of...but Cancer scares the crap out of me...I have nightmares about losing my hair (and I know that isn't really the worst thing that could happen but it just scares me)
I don't like the feel/texture of felt! My friend will chase me around the craft store with it.
Earwigs gross me, well most bugs in general do...spiders I have no issue with. If I find one, I do the capture and release thing. I love snakes and bats and frogs and all those things girls are supposed to be scared of...
I'm a little weird I admit, but sorry Shannon, I am not thinking that "ART" creature is cute...it's just plain creepy...at least the adult is, the little ones, maybe!:LOL::LOL:

2sphynxgirl

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
My teeth falling out. Not just if I were in an accident or if I didn't take care of them, but just falling out one after another for no reason at all. :Dizzy:

If I think something is too hard or too sticky, I won't eat it for fear of my teeth falling out. I dream if it all the time. I will just be talking & there they go! :Badly::Badly:

Watching a movie/show where someone has rotten teeth is enough to make me vomit. Hearing people describe their dental work makes me leave the room. The worst is when I have to see patients with rotten teeth...it happens alot. I honestly almost fainted a few months ago & had to admit to the doc I work for why!!:Pudently:

Funny thing is my dentist always tells me how nice my teeth are & what a model patient I am. Guess I have put my phobia to good use!:Wink:

Last edited:
The death thing got me thinking. When I was a child I was petrified of nuclear war with Russia. Some of the older folks may remember the drills we did in elementary school. I was convinced there would be a nuclear war. After the fall of communism and when I got older I spoke with several Russians who were convinced of the same thing. They were taught that Jimmy Carter could press a button and kill everyone in Russia.

I was the same way! Remember the movie "The Day After"?! I remember having nightmares and fears about nuclear war and those stupid drills (I grew up in California). As a kid just being worried that Russia had all of these nuclear warheads aimed at us and were just waiting to push the button.

nativekiwi

Lairian
Tomato sauce!!!Man it is so gross, i can't bear it beimg on the table or someones plate near me, makes me gag so badly. I'm shuddering writing about it. American version is ketchup which strangely doesn't bother me.

J

Jinxlover

Flour and fine dirt, well anything fine like that really. Cant touch it at all, just the thought of it makes me freak out..:LOL:. My hubby would love some fried chicken but I cant roll it in the flour..He's all ways telling me I'm a nut.:LOL: I could never use baby powder on my babies..

I hate clowns they are nasty little buggers...:Shok:

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sphynx girl- ME TOO!!! (with the teeth!) oh, what an awful feeling. I have more nightmares about it then actually thinking about it day-to-day

-Small spaces
-Elvators (altough i use them, i get VERY queezy on them!)
-the dark
-BUGS- mostly things like ants, roaches, large groups of spiders- mostly ones that cluster together then scrabble away VERY quickly!... (goosebumps THINKING about it!)
-usually once i think/see above bugs, i have NIGHTMARES so badly about them, that i end up in tears, throwing the blankets off, etc. (have punched Fiance' in the face once while sleeping because of it)
-dentist
(oh dear, i think i could go on for days)

maxtmill

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
My teeth falling out. Not just if I were in an accident or if I didn't take care of them, but just falling out one after another for no reason at all. :Dizzy:

If I think something is too hard or too sticky, I won't eat it for fear of my teeth falling out. I dream if it all the time. I will just be talking & there they go! :Badly::Badly:

Watching a movie/show where someone has rotten teeth is enough to make me vomit. Hearing people describe their dental work makes me leave the room. The worst is when I have to see patients with rotten teeth...it happens alot. I honestly almost fainted a few months ago & had to admit to the doc I work for why!!:Pudently:

Funny thing is my dentist always tells me how nice my teeth are & what a model patient I am. Guess I have put my phobia to good use!:Wink:

-I am a registered nurse, & one thing I HATE is rotten smelly teeth & dentures!!!! It just makes me sick! I can take alot with patients' various ailments - I am a hospice nurse, so I see alot of cancers & truly awful things that most people cannot imagine. But rotten smelly teeth & dentures are SO gross! I have actually gagged when having to see someone's dentures.

maxtmill

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
-By the way, I wanted to mention that this is a neat topic - we really are a bunch 'a nuts, aren't we!!:Dizzy::LOL:

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Bridges! I hyperventilate and have to sing kid songs to distract myself when I need to cross one.

Ketchup, the smell grosses me out, and I won't wash any dish that has ketchup on it.

Fleas, I hat fleas, and am terrified my pets will get em, Thank God for Advantage

Silverware scraping on the plate or teeth, that sounds makes me NUTS!

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Bridges! I hyperventilate and have to sing kid songs to distract myself when I need to cross one.

My daughter is horribly scared of bridges! She screams every time! Much like my spider phobia (husband torturing me) well he does the same to her!! She cries when he is driving! lol She is 14!

I detest clowns, spiders, ants and mice.

I also cannot eat the first bite taken from a fresh piece of fruit. EVER. Ick. The fruit skin *shivers*. The rest of the bites are okay just cannot swallow the first one.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I cringe at the thought of Spiders,mice and rats and other little rodent critters and clowns and I'm also afraid of dark empty parking lots when I'm alone!

Im so afriad of clowns I can't even look at a photo of them or on TV - YIKES!!!!!!!!!!

Back