Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Anyone Else have this prob?

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Ok,

I have to ask....
Does anyone else's cats get really bad:Badly2: gas? Every once in a while Kramer gets such bad gas! At first I assume it is the dogs until the dogs aren't around & only Kramer is!

PitRottMommy

Banned
Kerrie, gas in cats is caused by grain in their food. Cats are obligate carnivores, they weren't meant to digest grains. So, many cats suffer from gas because lower-quality food companies pack the foods full of corn, soy, rice, wheat, etc...which the cats cannot properly digest.

Upgrading to a higher quality food will help you in this department. There's nothing we can give cats continually to help with gas that won't affect them medically.

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Oh,
I know what causes gas... they already eat good food...it is only kramer not newman so i think he is just more sensitive, he just smells worse than the dogs:LOL::LOL::LOL:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
When Leo was little he got gas all the time, the kind where we all had to leave the room it was so bad:Shok: He seems to have out grown it. Now if I can get the dogs to stop, Sidney is the worst:Badly2:

PitRottMommy

Banned
Oh,
I know what causes gas... they already eat good food...it is only kramer not newman so i think he is just more sensitive, he just smells worse than the dogs:LOL::LOL::LOL:

What type of food are you feeding and have you tried any supplementation of intestinal flora? Any associated diarrhea?

Maximus

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
One time me and my sister where sitting there and Scrotie farted so loud it was human like...we both looked at each other and than looked at him and started cracking up, he just looked up with his head ****ed like "what"?

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
One time me and my sister where sitting there and Scrotie farted so loud it was human like...we both looked at each other and than looked at him and started cracking up, he just looked up with his head ****ed like "what"?

:Hysterical::LOL::Hysterical::LOL: I knew there was a reason why my niece and I love Scrotie....he sounds like a riot to have around! :BigSmile:

Elisabet

Lairian
Decibel doesnt fart as much anymore like she used too...
She could sit quietly on you shoulder and looking like an angel, when suddenly I would gag from the smell. :Dizzy:

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
She could sit quietly on you shoulder and looking like an angel, when suddenly I would gag from the smell. :Dizzy:

Oh...That is so Kramer! LOL! :LOL::LOL::LOL::Surprise: It was driving me nuts yesterday!

zoes mom

Lairian
My girl was gasy when she was on royal canin from breeder. Much better now on Acana chicken:ThumbsUp: You're little stinker is probably wolfin down the chow too much too fast!?

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

LOL, Fortunately Stella is not gassy. I can only recall one time actually hearing her fart. It made that "poof" sound. It was almost like she was trying to hold it in, but then thought she could let it slip without making a sound. Why am I detailing the sound of her farts? I don't know.

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
LOL, Fortunately Stella is not gassy. I can only recall one time actually hearing her fart. It made that "poof" sound. It was almost like she was trying to hold it in, but then thought she could let it slip without making a sound. Why am I detailing the sound of her farts? I don't know.

LOL! b/c it is actually kinda funny; thats why I posted it.... my hubby & I couldn't stop laughing even though it smelled so bad. How could something so rotten come out of something so cute? :LOL::LOL::LOL:

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Kreacher is what we call a "Cropduster" ... he will walk in front of you..fart..and then run off leaving you in a toxic cloud :) He can be a jerk sometimes...

PitRottMommy

Banned
Kreacher is what we call a "Cropduster" ... he will walk in front of you..fart..and then run off leaving you in a toxic cloud :) He can be a jerk sometimes...

Boy! It's stories like that that make me happy that I feed raw and my cats don't have gas! I'm sure my orneriest boy would be a cropduster, too, if he had the means!

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Boy! It's stories like that that make me happy that I feed raw and my cats don't have gas! I'm sure my orneriest boy would be a cropduster, too, if he had the means!

Raw is a plus for that, when i was doing tech work with a normal schedule it was feasible; but with our crazy unpredictable work schedules.... it just can't happen.

PitRottMommy

Banned
Raw is a plus for that, when i was doing tech work with a normal schedule it was feasible; but with our crazy unpredictable work schedules.... it just can't happen.

Have you considered manufactured raw?

I spent more time opening cans and pouring kibble when I first adopted Buck and Buffy than I now spend feeding raw to Buck, Buffy and Baldwin.

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Have you considered manufactured raw?

I spent more time opening cans and pouring kibble when I first adopted Buck and Buffy than I now spend feeding raw to Buck, Buffy and Baldwin.

Yea sometimes we are at work for 16+ hours a day (one job I worked was 28 hrs straight every 3 days) ... so I don't feel too comfortable leaving them that long without food & our schedule is too unpredictable to get them on a set schedule, some days we are home by3:30 other days not till 8:30 - 9:00. The are on CORE dry & wet they do pretty good on it, Kramer's gas is more caused by the food i think he steals when he can from us & from the dogs.

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
LOL! b/c it is actually kinda funny; thats why I posted it.... my hubby & I couldn't stop laughing even though it smelled so bad. How could something so rotten come out of something so cute? :LOL::LOL::LOL:

It is funny, lol. Anyone ripping one is funny. But you're right, how could something so rotten come out of these sweet little things? It's amazing how such a small frame can produce such a horrid smell.

Back