Welcome to the Sphynxlair community! A community dedicated to the Sphynx breed!

Anyone else...

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Anyone else disconcerted by the puppymill google ad on top of this site? If you haven't seen it yet, just hit refresh while on the main boards page and it will pop up- I think it's Prince and Princess Puppies or something...

Anyways- I'm sure there's nothing that Admin can do about it, but what's next? A banner of a Sphynx kitten mill? (I think Admin picks the subjects- like pets, which makes sense, and then Google posts the ads).

(Just wanted to add- this isn't a critique of Admin- I've seen issues like these with Google Ads on other sites too... It just frustrates me how easily puppy millers are able to advertise all over the internet!)

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Anyone else disconcerted by the puppymill google ad on top of this site? If you haven't seen it yet, just hit refresh while on the main boards page and it will pop up- I think it's Prince and Princess Puppies or something...

Anyways- I'm sure there's nothing that Admin can do about it, but what's next? A banner of a Sphynx kitten mill? (I think Admin picks the subjects- like pets, which makes sense, and then Google posts the ads).

The ad I see is one for PetPlan vet insurance. I don't think I would like seeing an ad for a puppy mill, especially on this site.

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I see the pet plan insurance, and progressive, lol I understand what you are saying though, the ads are everywhere, and it is unfortunate

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
The banner you see usually well is supposed to some how be about the topic that is on the screen at that moment. We can remove ones that are crazy so if you see it again try to send it to us and we will take care of it. :Laugh:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
It's a tease because it is back - LOL!
Maybe the "ads" sense who they irritate more. :BigSmile:
Although I did notice an ad for the Litter Robot in Melonie's thread about hers, then I noticed a religious type banner in some of the prayer request for pets threads.

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Maybe the "ads" sense who they irritate more. :BigSmile:
Although I did notice an ad for the Litter Robot in Melonie's thread about hers, then I noticed a religious type banner in some of the prayer request for pets threads.
Thats what I get. Haven't seen any yet for puppymills. :Angry: Its bound to happen though when Google picks up on a word or tag.

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
My favorite is the one about Chrones disease in the thread about bowel movements LOL

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm tiired of the weightloss ones. I can't even escape diets on here :LOL:

susi794

Staff member
LOL...Mine just said, "Why can't I find a date?" Oh that is rich!:LOL::LOL::LOL:
Maybe they can find me that older fatter guy I'm always asking about????:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
There was one for a bidet when Tux and Twitch got toilet trained, :Laugh:

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I remember seeing one for fresh produce above the "Blueberry's Pregnant" thread. That cracked me up!! It was about then that I realized they must be picking out keywords from our posts so now I see it as a little extra entertainment :)

J

Jinxlover

I remember seeing one for fresh produce above the "Blueberry's Pregnant" thread. That cracked me up!! It was about then that I realized they must be picking out keywords from our posts so now I see it as a little extra entertainment :)
:LOL::LOL:

That litter robot add keeps taunting me :Angry::Angry: I want one so bad and i just keep flashing in my face.

AHHHH I just looked up and there it is again :Surprise::Surprise::Surprise:

Fester

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Maybe I'm just a bad internet resident... I use ad block plus, and noscript -- no adverts for me.