Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Anyone know of ....

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Ok... we are still trying to find a chocolate & white sphynx anyone know a breeder that throws that color?

EmbraceMonChat

Lairian
Hey Kerrie,

Pull up a chair and take a seat...we are just about to start our meeting of Chocolate Sphynxaholics Anonymous. My name is Susan and I'm a Chocolate Sphynx Lover. :)

I'm getting a choc/white tabby mink in just a few days. The one thing I will tell you is that if the cat is a Mink, the choc color is different so you might want to aks that question when looking at kittens. Also, some people think seal is the same as choc...it's not. A black cat that has two copies of the chocolate modifier gene is choc. If a breeder is ever in doubt, they can always do a simple color test with UC Davis.

Good luck in your search and when you find one be sure to post and help feed the addiction for the rest of us!

Are you looking for m/f for a pet/show/breeder? I can always keep my eyes open for you!

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
OMG...there's a choc breeder in this forum and they've been holding out on me?...er I mean "us". :Wink:

The one we found last year ( it just wasn't in the budget for this guy as he was MUCH more expensive than your average sphynx, now i kick myself for not taking him) was the prettiest cat I have ever seen, his name was Milkdud; I am going to post his pic & if the breeder sees it(which they are not a member of this site anyway) & is offended by then I will take it down. Kramer is a mink... he is beautiful but not a true chocolate.

Attachments

• 4502_1103612523879_1633715462_30236519_3320156_n.jpg
    4502_1103612523879_1633715462_30236519_3320156_n.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 54

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hey Kerrie,

Pull up a chair and take a seat...we are just about to start our meeting of Chocolate Sphynxaholics Anonymous. My name is Susan and I'm a Chocolate Sphynx Lover. :)

I'm getting a choc/white tabby mink in just a few days. The one thing I will tell you is that if the cat is a Mink, the choc color is different so you might want to aks that question when looking at kittens. Also, some people think seal is the same as choc...it's not. A black cat that has two copies of the chocolate modifier gene is choc. If a breeder is ever in doubt, they can always do a simple color test with UC Davis.

Good luck in your search and when you find one be sure to post and help feed the addiction for the rest of us!

Are you looking for m/f for a pet/show/breeder? I can always keep my eyes open for you!

At this point (even though I generally don't own females... only boys in my house) we would take a female &it would be for just a pet.
Maybe I should post a reward for someone to find one! LOL! :LOL:

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Good luck Kerrie, I know you will find one. You guys won't give up until you do:Wink:

Thanks - 16 days until the wedding & I'm looking for a cat! LOL! :LOL:
There are other things I NEED to be doing! Can't help it ... they are so addicting b/c of there personalities! Just about every person we know doesn't like cats.... until they meet Kramer & Newman... :Laugh:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks - 16 days until the wedding & I'm looking for a cat! LOL! :LOL:
There are other things I NEED to be doing! Can't help it ... they are so addicting b/c of there personalities! Just about every person we know doesn't like cats.... until they meet Kramer & Newman... :Laugh:

:BigSmile: wow 16 days! hope the 2 of you have a great day! A new sphynx can be your gift to each other.
We are up to 3 now also:Surprise:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I even had a show name for a choc.
The name was going to be Melted Chocolate.
He was Choc and White.
The other kittens she had were red/white so I do not know if she will have more chocs.
My dream sphynx is a solid chocolate but it will have to wait.
Congrats on getting married.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I hope your marriage will be an an awesome adventure for you both.

My cousin has a little chocolate dog that she named Cocoa Latte. I always thought that would be a clever name for a Sphynx.

Bella07

Banned
Now I see the picture of the chocolate and white boy! Oh my, and he is gorgeous! Do they all have blue eyes?

Congrats on your wedding....I bet on your list of present ideas for your guests to buy for you is a Chocolate and White sphynx :Wink:

Good Luck in your search!

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Now I see the picture of the chocolate and white boy! Oh my, and he is gorgeous! Do they all have blue eyes?

Congrats on your wedding....I bet on your list of present ideas for your guests to buy for you is a Chocolate and White sphynx :Wink:

Good Luck in your search!

No they don't all have blue eyes, I wish they did though... although the color is striking enough for me! LOL!

KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED !!!!!!!!!!............. WE HAVE A LEAD & are getting some pics emailed tomorrow!

Inferno12

Banned
No they don't all have blue eyes, I wish they did though... although the color is striking enough for me! LOL!

KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED !!!!!!!!!!............. WE HAVE A LEAD & are getting some pics emailed tomorrow!

You should share those pictures when you get them :Wink: I loved the one you posted earlier in the thread. He is gorgeous. I didnt know that chocolates existed! :Surprise:

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thanks for posting the pic Kerrie- so gorgeous! Good luck in your search- keep us posted. :Smile:

Congrats on your wedding- its finally here- so exciting!

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:LOL::LOL: Quick, get a picture!

They are almost like a mythical creature, impossible to catch one! LOL!

I did find out she is getting the one i posted the pic of back; BUT she doesn't want to sell him now(we tried to talk her into it), just for showing & breeding & studding out...but she has 2 chlt kittens so we will see!

Back