Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Anyone see book of eli yet?

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Ugh! I had no desire to see that movie anyway (didn't look all that interesting to me) but now I know I won't see it. What was the purpose in the movie of eating a poor cat? Sometimes Hollywood goes WAY too far for the shock factor.:Angry: I dont watch a lot of the so-called popular movies anymore because they are demoralizing and negative.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I will not see that movie.
I think it is nasty they kill the sphynx and posted it on facebook.
My friends who do not even have sphynx will not see that movie either.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I think we should ALL boycott that movie! Not just because the cat's a sphynx, but because it sends a bad message about animal abuse. NO ELI, NO ELI, NO ELI!

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Just saw Mews comment then did a search. It's true :Cry: he kills it with a bow and arrow. I definately won't be watching it now. :Angry:

tulababy2010

Lairian
ok.... it's weird u say that... i got my tula baby the 9th of jan. the movie came out about a week after i got her and there is a meow before that cat is even showen... i looked to my boyfriend and said that sounds like tula... and wouldn't u know a sphynx kitty come walking out... and yeah... it dies... i thought i was gunna cry. other than that the movie is deff worth seeing... i reccommend it to everyone... however it does for all of us sphynx lovers start out horrible!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I guess if the end of the world comes, we all better hide our sphynx kitties! Wouldn't want them to become dinner entree's for the sickos out there....LOL!:Hysterical:

That movie makes me mad! :Angry: I don't care how good it is...I still won't go see it. There is no need to promote animal killings and abuse in any film. There's enough problems with animal abuse in the real world without glamourizing it in movies! I won't support any movie that has any sort of animal abuse in it.

myspecialboy

Lairian
I have no plans on watching it, but a couple friends posted on my facebook telling me I wouldn't like it.
While I don't approve of showing graphic images like that on screen, the kill wasn't so much animal abuse. He was hungry and needed food. I just think they should have found another animal because skincats are too sweet to eat!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sorry, but I disagree...it's still abuse. There are lots of impressionable sickos out there that will watch this movie and think,"hmmm, sphynx cat....might taste like chicken." It's just opening up another possibility for sick people out there to do weird sh*t to animals.

The only reason why the producers of this movie picked a sphynx cat is ONLY because of the shock factor....they know most people would be horrified to see a cat get eaten. Their only goal in all this is attract viewers to make a buck. It still doesn't make it right.

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I guess if the end of the world comes, we all better hide our sphynx kitties! Wouldn't want them to become dinner entree's for the sickos out there....LOL!:Hysterical:

That movie makes me mad! :Angry: I don't care how good it is...I still won't go see it. There is no need to promote animal killings and abuse in any film. There's enough problems with animal abuse in the real world without glamourizing it in movies! I won't support any movie that has any sort of animal abuse in it.

:Exclamation: I agree!:Exclamation:

myspecialboy

Lairian
Sorry, but I disagree...it's still abuse. There are lots of impressionable sickos out there that will watch this movie and think,"hmmm, sphynx cat....might taste like chicken." It's just opening up another possibility for sick people out there to do weird sh*t to animals.

The only reason why the producers of this movie picked a sphynx cat is ONLY because of the shock factor....they know most people would be horrified to see a cat get eaten. Their only goal in all this is attract viewers to make a buck. It still doesn't make it right.

True. I guess I never though of all the idiots out there who might try to copy the movie.

wundrlust

Lairian
That's horrible! Thank you for letting us know. Too many doom and gloom movies out. NO BOOK OF ELI ... shame on them!!!

tessblack

Banned
Yeah a friend saw it and said that the kitty was eating a human corpse by the side of the road when he gets killed. Yeah generally not what I want to see that is for sure. Seems like that is all there is on tv these days, murder, killing and violence.

Back