Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Anyone Used Toradol on Their Sphynx

kaoticharmony

Banned
The vet is suggesting using Toradol on Shiva for pain. Has anyone had any experiences with it? Any problems with Sphynx using it?

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I haven't had any experience with that drug but hopefully someone here will know- I'm curious.

kaoticharmony

Banned
I did a search and found no refrences in relation to Sphynx and Toradol. I did find info about using it on cats in general and people have had sucess with it. I'm just concerned about if Sphynx have had any problems with it.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I think one of the sphynx breeders I know has used that on her sphynx.
I do not now much about it.

Toradol or Tramadol?

Tramadol is commonly used for pain in cats, especially for long-term situations where other medications cannot be used.

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I tried Toradal once for myself, I have migraine headaches and needless to say it
didn't do any thing for me. I don't have any experience with it
in cat use. Hope you find out your anwsers

TotenEngel

Banned
Was gonna say I got prescribed Tramadol after 2 lots of dental surgery, hated it, it compeltly wiped me out to the point where I passed out face first on the sofa - legs dangling off the end! Not sure if it was the dosage or combination of painkillers I was on, but I took one day of it and quit! Have 26 days supply in the cupboard LOL

NightSpidy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
When I end up in the hospital from my severe headaches, I get Toradol IV and it works like a charm. In terms of human use, I understand how it works, but I am not sure how it works with a cat's biology. It is really only to be used for acute pain and/or temporarily post-op/injury up to 5 days. It is classed as an NSAID and can cause problems (bleeding) with the GI tract, like with all NSAID's.

mrwrinklesmama

Lairian
I too have taken Toradol in IV form (along with a ****tail of a couple other things) for migraine in the ER. I've never heard of it being used with a Sphynx. Do you have a trusted breeder that you are close to? Maybe he/or she might be a good place to start? Good luck!

AthenaSphynx

Lairian
I have used Torradol for a herniated disc and have to say it caused me severe stomach pain. Apparently it happens frequently with this drug. (at least with people :Smile: )

Inferno12

Banned
I had this administered via IV when I was in the hospital and I had terrible reactions. I ripped all the IV's out, all the leads off of my chest (I was having chest pain). Then I proceeded to fight all the nurses to get out of the hospital. They had to strap me down and give me benedryl to calm me down. Apparently I was allergic! :Dizzy::Dizzy::Dizzy: