Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Apologies in Advance for this post!!! Self pleasuring Sphynx!!!

PrinceTheSphynx

Lairian
I’m so sorry… but do male cats self pleasure themselves??
Prince hasn’t been castrated yet, I will get him some (he’s 6 months) just worried about putting him under

Anyway… he has this habit of popping his penis out, then Rubbing it on a particular blanket or on my fluffy rug!
It’s not every day, that I’ve seen, but caught him 3 times in the last week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Yes many are known for blanket humping. Even after being neutered, some still find pleasure in it which is natural. Neutering though does often do the trick to stop this though. Glad you are getting him neutered…do it sooner than later. After 6 months you are chancing behavioral issues including spraying.

This might be interesting/helpful at putting your mind at rest. Just be sure to remind vet not to use Ketamine as the anesthesia.

@PrinceTheSphynx

nudebea

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi. My male sphinx , Wilson , is neutered and still humps his blankets on occasion.(thankfully only his blankets are singled out for the special attention!) We spoke to our vet who reassured us this is a relatively common behaviour and if we can, just ignore him while he is "busy" so that's what we do.

Sheldon13

Staff member
My little Toly has been doing a tiny bit of this several nights a week for the last month. He’s not very good at it he just kind of humps the air LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back