Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
B5457E36-7A5A-4345-880A-02F87526E35A.jpeg

Anyone else have a sphynx who just loves the tub??

Almost every time after we use the tub, Kenzo will jump in and sit in the warm water while it drains. Sometimes, he even jumps in to join us during our baths! It’s a very surreal experience, sharing a bath with a cat....

Anyone with me? I’m curious to see how common this is. :cat::cat: Also, has anyone heard of a sphynx who enjoys swimming?! They do have webbed feet after all, lol. :smuggrin: Gotta love this breed!!

Yoda mom

Staff member
I am envious , my garden tub is sphynxless when there is water lol
My first Sphynx did swim in the pool occassionaly and rode on the raft

Annejo12

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
You are lucky. My cat is not a big fan of baths. She screams like I am killing her once a month when she gets her bath lol.

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Yoda mom aw I would love to see a swimming sphynx! I may try to fill the tub deeper sometime and see if he’s interested.
I actually love that he likes water! He’s even gone as far as getting in the empty tub and ‘crying’ for me to turn on the faucet. I love my little weirdo!

@Annejo12 :ROFLMAO: poor dramatic kitty! We did get lucky! I remember the second night we had Kenzo, he just jumped into the bath tub while I was bathing my 1 year old. It shocked us and him, and he quickly scrambled out. Then, he kept doing it every so often, and eventually decided it was safe I suppose, so he sat down and stayed in! He gets a spa day about once every 6 weeks, but he jumps in for a dip at least 3 times a week, lol.

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
No, I'm on my fourth sphynx and none of mine have enjoyed bathing. Ossi was luke warm to the bath and always squatted and peed in there but the others, it's a struggle every time.... so be happy and go aqua cat!

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yayyyy!!!! That makes me so happy, I'll be keeping my eyes out for news of "the one" being found!! I've also been pondering the idea of how nice a female could be :ROFLMAO:

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Oooooooooooooh that was my dream when I got my boys. That they would love to take a bath with me. But nope, they hate water. Same with my girls.

Enjoy your baths with Kenzo. It think it's special and cool!

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Oooooooooooooh that was my dream when I got my boys. That they would love to take a bath with me.

I have no such fantasy about them wanting to get in the bath; however, I've thought about taking them in the shower stall and closing the door. I have a handheld hose in there that I could use to put water on them.

carakitty

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I have no idea what Uber thinks of a filled tub. I know he loves sitting on the bathroom window sill. When I'm in the shower he kind of acts like he wants to come in but I open the door and he just sits there, still meowing at me. I should have a soak so I can see what he will do!

susi794

Staff member
When I had a five foot long tub, Junie B liked to join me once in awhile. Now I have a walk-in tub and she doesnt want to get in that water, but she loves getting in after it drains for the heat.

Yumi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
So jealous. Mine is a true drama queen like we're murdering her!
But she does like to play with her water bowl or a mini plastic tub with floating balls in it... :shifty:
Pretty much everything but just a bath no matter if it's the mini plastic tub, the sink, the bath itself,... d.r.a.m.a.l.l.a.m.a! (well actually drama sphynx but you get my drift) :whistle:

Staceyxxx

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh that’s amazing! What a cutie! I can’t imagine Binky voluntarily going in a bath! Bath time is when the screaming drama queen appears..!

Yumi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Very true. Very strange, mysterious, occasionally a tad weird aaaaaand nuts. Just nuts!
About to give mine a quick soak/wash due going to the vet.
This is going to be fun. I can already hear her drama llama. o_o
I just hope overtime she'll drama llama less. :ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 14512

Ollie is okay with water, but doesn't like it.
That's so special that Kenzo loves water!
Have fun with your baths with him! :D

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
We are used to Kenzo’s sporadic swimming sessions in the tub... however this was definitely a first for us. :rolleyes:

649F9590-A1FE-4EAA-86BA-92B2555C3DA2.jpeg

Yes... that is a cat, going for a swim, in a sweater... The tub was deep too! It drained quite a bit before I managed to snag a picture. I love my lil weirdo!

Back