Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Are all Sphynx kittens crazy??

AuntieAmbrosia

Lairian
We just picked up Crowley Monday and this little guy is constantly kitten energy! He makes me laugh but I was wondering if all babies are this out of control. He’s like a tiny naked ninja flying at me when I come in the house. He launched himself off the couch at me to tell me hi when I came home from work. Every toy he owns is scattered around the house. I caught him hanging off my curtains a few times. I don’t so much worry about him wrecking anything, but I don’t want him to hurt himself either. He’s 3lbs of fury and giving Arkasha a solid run for his money. Poor little old man has a couple of scratches from being pounced on so I’ll have to trim his nails again already. He doesn’t care when I tell him not to do things. He vaguely responds when I snap my fingers at him, but only long enough to assess the treat situation. Any tips on getting his energy ran out of him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Could be kitten energy but it could be nominative determinism - you did name him after someone heavily influenced by the Hellfire Club, after all. He's clearly taking Aleister Crowley's motto "do what you will" a bit too literally ;)

Genferguso

Lairian
My boy isn't quite so much a kitten anymore (he's about a year and 3 months) but his play time is crazy for a while. He only has two modes, crazy or cuddly lol He loves to run laps and hoard all of his toys :0 He is convinced it's Fang's world and we're all just living in it.

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Our two are 7 and 10 years old, and Marcus, the 7 yr old is still crazy. Until he was 3 years old, he wanted to play with his Da Bird toy and my husband for up to 2 hours a night of leaping, running, and pouncing frenzy. Even now, the cats chase each other and Marcus has a campaign of nightly naughtiness, where he goes everywhere he shouldn’t be, and then watches us to see if we notice and react.
We use interactive toys still—he loves Nerf guns, and chasing the “bullets.”

Some things we did that helped channel energy in both cats was to train them to do tricks. Cleo is clicker-trained, and can sit, down, circle, jump, and go under legs on command. Marcus picked up a lot by copying Cleo, when he realized treats were involved. We also taught Marcus to run an obstacle course using Da Bird. Both cats are harness and stroller trained, so outside walks also help burn energy.