Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Argan oil?

Lindaw56

Lairian
Just bought some Argon oil after reading lots of comments on here about its beneficial uses. So how do you recommend I use it? Is it just after a bath, and how much? I presume it doesn't leave Dobby and the house looking like an oil slick

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I put about a dime size amount of the oil in my palm and rub my hands together before rubbing it all over the kitty. I try to get most of it on my cats back/tail area as that/s where mine are most dry.

JSal

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
This is interesting. I just got some argon oil and used it on myself before using it on Luna. I didn’t use a lot but it soaked in and dried quickly. I did not feel greasy at all like with coconut oil.

NinaGato

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@JSal and all argon oil users - any particular brand?
I use the iv san bernard argan oil but I will use any 100% argan on the cats. I have a bottle from the aura cacia brand I am using up right now. I got a free bottle from josie maran when I did some sephora shopping and used that on the cats. I got a bottle from Deciem The Ordinary brand and that was good. The Ordinary brand is a really good price and you can order some skin care for yourself at the same time. (Grin)
I also use emu oil on their ears to help with dryness. I usually oil up the cats every 2 to three days. I try and use it with a petting session so it is something enjoyable.

JSal

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
This is what I purchased off Amazon. It is 100% argon oil, highly rated, and not too pricy. I believe @Bailey21 ordered from a different site.

Attachments

• 6189E9F2-9EAF-4D4E-A9E2-7C58A4B08240.jpeg
    6189E9F2-9EAF-4D4E-A9E2-7C58A4B08240.jpeg
    123.1 KB · Views: 45

Lindaw56

Lairian
I use the iv san bernard argan oil but I will use any 100% argan on the cats. I have a bottle from the aura cacia brand I am using up right now. I got a free bottle from josie maran when I did some sephora shopping and used that on the cats. I got a bottle from Deciem The Ordinary brand and that was good. The Ordinary brand is a really good price and you can order some skin care for yourself at the same time. (Grin)
I also use emu oil on their ears to help with dryness. I usually oil up the cats every 2 to three days. I try and use it with a petting session so it is something enjoyable.
Thank you that is really useful. We shall turn the oil day I to a mini pamper day. Why do you use Emu instead of Argan on the ears and i take it that is just on the outside not inside.

NinaGato

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Thank you that is really useful. We shall turn the oil day I to a mini pamper day. Why do you use Emu instead of Argan on the ears and i take it that is just on the outside not inside.
I use emu oil on the inside of the ears but NOT down the ear canal. I use it because it is very gentle and has anti inflammatory properties.

Yoda mom

Staff member
Thanks
The site I use carried emu oil but reviews said it smelled
Will check the local health food store
Thanks again!
Hesd smooches !

Back