Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Arguing over my Naked

NakedNinja

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
At Pooner's mommy's request, I share with you the following "Sphynx moment":

We have a crew of Hispanic gentlemen who come every two weeks to mow our lawn. They speak little to no English.

During the warmer months, the morning sun streams in the living room window. I have a "cat table" set in front of the window, with a big basket for them to curl up in. Gabriel discovered that prime sunny spot, and would hop out of bed and claim it before the other cats woke up.

Early one morning, I heard the yard crew arrive. They mowed, edged....then the noise stopped and I heard voices. It sounded like they were arguing. So, I sleepily wandered out to the living room. Outside my big living room picture window were two men gesturing madly and shouting at each other.

Then I realized what the problem was: They were arguing about the strange creature bathing himself in the sunlight just inside the window.

I picked him up, and took him out onto the porch so they could meet him. They petted him and laughed. Then the one who spoke the most English said very carefully:

"Excuse please ma'am. Is cat? Or is dog?"

BlueGirl

Lairian
hahaha priceless! I get "oh what a cute dog" soooo much, it confuses me but I guess people just dont exspect to see a cat out and about

sfinky

Lairian
people have asked me "what is it" and asked if hes a dog or a cat, also people have said he looks like a chihuahua.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
That is a good one, I would love to know how long it would have went on if you did not go and show them, or even better if they would return next week :LOL:

Ripley

Lairian
Too funny! My husband (the proclaimed cat-hater) always finds Sphyncter to show him off to everyone. I'm not sure he knows "what" he is! :LOL:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Too funny! My husband (the proclaimed cat-hater) always finds Sphyncter to show him off to everyone. I'm not sure he knows "what" he is! :LOL:

:LOL::LOL::LOL:
My husband is a proud poppa show off too. I went to ladies' room during our last cat show only to return to find my husband telling a couple all about Gleek and the breed.

verucasfoodlady

Lairian
great story! i love that you took him out for them to meet him.
my next door neighbor's have 4 kids and one day one of the kiddos saw Veruca sunbathing in the window and exclaimed "que es eso?" (what is that?)
it made me giggle.

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
How funny:LOL: Atleast they narrowed the choices down to cat or dog instead of alien, monkey or ?????

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Awesome, I can't help giggling when people are confused about our kitties. One time a sheriff's deputy thought my Little Ren was a monkey. I still laugh about that.

pooner

Banned
Thanks for sharing! I was thinking about this story yesterday and just couldn't remember the details. Can you imagine if Pooner was over and he and Gabe were both in the window?? That would have really freaked out the poor lawn guys:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Bella07

Banned
That is hilarious! You really could have joked with them and said that he is a "Cog."
Cat + Dog = Cog. :Hysterical::LOL: Thanks for sharing!

bellasmom

Banned
HAHA!:LOL::LOL::LOL: Love it! I had a friend come over to my house once with a friend I had never met and the kid was arguing with me over Bella being a cat or a dog... I was like SHE IS MINE! I think I would know if I got a dog... :Angry::Angry:
I also love it when people ask does she meow like a cat?? :Surprise:

jimmychoosphynx

Lairian
That is so funny!! We had carolers from the local elementary school come to our door over Christmas and Jimmy stood in the middle of they foyer and listened to them but the girls kept laughing and pointing at him. When they were done they asked me if he was a chihuahua!!

Back