Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Art and craft

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
You could be a professional artist, you are in my eyes. Open a gallery and sell your wares online.
You know, I keep hearing this from people around me, but I'm scared. I don't want to make it a job. I want to keep on enjoying it, on my terms. I'm afraid that if I go down that road the thing I love about it will get lost in comissions and the need to make stuff that sells... But, thank you so much, it kinda boosts my ego hearing this! Hugs to you!

PS I'm not that good...

pussiette

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
You know, I keep hearing this from people around me, but I'm scared. I don't want to make it a job. I want to keep on enjoying it, on my terms. I'm afraid that if I go down that road the thing I love about it will get lost in comissions and the need to make stuff that sells... But, thank you so much, it kinda boosts my ego hearing this! Hugs to you!

PS I'm not that good...
As I said your art is masterpieces and you’re not afraid to try different things and just let yourself go. You really are a one woman Gallery all rolled into one I totally think you should start a Gallery website and parade all your wares. You could even try running online zoom art classes you may be surprised I’m sure keep the day job for the time being but I have a feeling you aren’t going to need it.

D

Deleted member 20923

Well, I didn't make something yet.... but I just purchased this spectacular stone, to make myself a ring. ( I craft jewellery) - which will be pretty awesome. I was injured in a motorcycle accident several years ago, then was saddled with a couple psycho landlords for a while (so studio stayed in boxes). Now I own a house, and have my studio unpacked, and 98% set up ( need to finish installing ventilation) but when I do.... this will be my first creation in a few years. So I am so excited. I know my hand injury will be non-cooperative, as it has disability, but hopefully I can find a way to work well enough anyway. Meanwhile, instead of jewellery I focused on writing science fiction, and sewing cat shirts, lol!
Screenshot 2021-12-22 092939.jpg

D

Deleted member 20923

@Ande it's great you're about to start making jewellery again. What a beautiful stone to start with. I hope you'll show us what you make with it. I'm sure you find a way with your hand injury.
And of course we want to see the cat shirt you made:)
it will be a few months before this stone gets used. I won't have it in my possession till after winter snow melts. hand disability is going to make it a challenge though.

I sew many shirts! So So many shirts. For Ruby and Flint. Here's Ruby is his recent jammies, Flint in an Ugly xmas sweater, and the two of them in matchy camo shirts.

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@Ande I was having that problem once and what I did is I created an album in Google Photos. Then I put my pictures that album and I posted a link to the album. There is a setting when you create an album to mark it available to anyone with a link.

D

Deleted member 20923

@Ande I was having that problem once and what I did is I created an album in Google Photos. Then I put my pictures that album and I posted a link to the album. There is a setting when you create an album to mark it available to anyone with a link
thanks. it's not that important. I assume the website was glitching, since I added one earlier in the day, with no issues... after I took a screen shot of my jpg image.

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Can't wait to see it! Isn't it the best thing ever when creating stuff with your hands? I for one can't live without it!

D

Deleted member 20923

Are you trying to upload from a handheld device or a computer? What browser are you using?

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need
from a computer, windows, brave browser. it was likely a web glitch, as I have added other photos, and also one less than an hour before trying and getting issues with that one. (and added one just now no issues. ) I'm very computer savvy, so no tech support needed ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 20923

Can't wait to see it! Isn't it the best thing ever when creating stuff with your hands? I for one can't live without it!
thank you! I will not have the stone until springtime, as it is not safe to ship it in winter, with it's internal liquid. But it will definitely be nice to create things, it has been so many years since I was able to create jewellery, which is my passion. (I do have many other things I have made for myself, but it is always nice to have a new precious) You can google my work if you like, its Andes Cruz Designs.
one of my more recent rings attached.
257798134_303391235122039_251566887669148556_n.jpg

gentlewinds

Lairian
First time posting here, so I am not even sure if I am doing it correctly. LOL

I do not own a Sphynx yet, but hopefully sometime soon. I'm trying to be careful of scammers, but maybe too much so that I am scared to take the leap.

WOW! I'm totally envious of all of you that have the talent to draw such impeccable pictures! Everyone has some kind of talent, and I love seeing them all! Great job everyone!!! :giggle:

Instead of posting a bunch of pictures of ONE of my passions, Ill add a link so that you can enjoy just a sampling. This is not my blog.

Have a Happy New Year! :)

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
First time posting here, so I am not even sure if I am doing it correctly. LOL

I do not own a Sphynx yet, but hopefully sometime soon. I'm trying to be careful of scammers, but maybe too much so that I am scared to take the leap.

WOW! I'm totally envious of all of you that have the talent to draw such impeccable pictures! Everyone has some kind of talent, and I love seeing them all! Great job everyone!!! :giggle:

Instead of posting a bunch of pictures of ONE of my passions, Ill add a link so that you can enjoy just a sampling. This is not my blog.

Have a Happy New Year! :)
Wow, that's so awesome! Thanx for sharing!

Back