Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

as promised.. our Christmas lights..

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
well.... as i promised, here's our lights... not sure exactly how many in total we have, but it's enough LOL
(the pix are kinda crappy... but you get the idea)

Attachments

• 2(3).jpg
    2(3).jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 8(2).jpg
    8(2).jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 36

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Spygirl- thats what i say!!! i love our gingerbread house :)

Heater- we got the hotair balloon from Home Depot. it was actually very reasonably priced for such a large item (15 ft)... $150.

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thanks everyone!!! We really take A LOT of pride in our house. To be honest... for the last... 5 days or so (and will continue up until Christmas, our lights stay on 24/7.
Typically we usually do more lights... this year we got a slow start and kinda went the route of more blow up (which i am not a fan of lol)... we usually start the Monday before Thanksgiving and usually Thankgiving night we turn them on for the first time. But this year is rained the whole week of Thanksgiving, so we didnt get started until after... this year it took us about 3 full days to put up (usually takes us 4-5, but we didnt do as much this year as we usually do).

Love the gingerbread comments!!! i have been telling John that for 4 years and he always gives me the stink eye about it!! :) for a few years we had a big candy cane arch- but it was a resale item and eventually broke. :ThumbsDown:

Misses Pinkerton- do you have a pic??

Susi- i help too!!!! but John is out there almost everynight fixing lights that go out.

Someone mentioned not having outside plugs so they dont do lights..... :LOL: the first 2 years we didnt have any outside plus other then the garage... we ran extension cords out the doors!!!!! :LOL::Hysterical::LOL::Sweat:

holly_savage

Banned
Very nice. I love Xmas lights, but Greg is so anti-xmas that I was told if I want lights it's all up to me! LOL. So I bought two strings and did the 2 little shrubs in the front garden! I got my lights and he didn't have to do anything.

I uploaded some pics,

I don't have that much going on outside, but inside the house is bursting at the seems with Christmas!! I have 2 trees inside, 1 outside. It's most definitely my fav time of year!!

This year I had my kitty pose for the Christmas card pic - she's such a supermodel!

I AGREE!!! and am so jealous that my bad kitties (and dogs) DONT sit still for pictures!

You're lights are beautiful too!!

It wasn't easy!! I have tons of pics of just a stool with no kitty or my hand and no kitty - but I finally got a couple good ones. She was an easier subject than my doggies though.

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
There is but one secret to getting good shots of pets:
Take many...

If lucky one out of 50 is a really good one.
Those here who consistantly get those pictures also snap a LOT of bad ones. I think I have close to 1000 pics taken of my pets and out of those maybe 40 is good and 15 very good.
If staging a pic you can make the odds better but still way less than 50%, for random situations it takes a lot of shooting.
Only advice is to just take pic after pic in situation after situation. Sooner or later you'll have a bunch of good ones.

Back