Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Astrid and the Fire Alarms...

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So I'm glad I was home tonight... because we had the apartment fire alarms go off and had to go stand outside and wait for the firefighters to show up. Thankfully nothing was on fire!
But Astrid was a trooper! I have never had her go into the travel carrier so easily and she didn't make a peep. Not so impressed when we were let back in though, wouldn't fully close her eyes for a good hour. But now she's sleeping and looking cute :) but still is visibly shaken. I'm just glad I was home, I was at a camp out for work last night and was an hour away and that there's no actual fire!
IMG_4211.JPG
IMG_4212.JPG

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
It definitely scared me too! I couldn't place it was the fire alarm at first, it was weird sounding. Really loud though, but still didn't wake everyone up. We probably had the whole neighbourhood awake by it though lol.
Astrid is still being a giant suck, the mix of me being gone 30 hours and the alarm has turned her into glue! Lol not complaining about that though :)

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
What a cutie she is. Glad to hear that there was no actual fire. And I am super glad that Astrid went into her carrier so easily. You are so lucky!

Although this post does remind me of something very important to pass on to people who may not already be set up for emergencies like this.. Always know where your cat carrier is, and make sure there is always a blanket stored inside..

When they updated our complex's (I live in a condominium complex) alarm system, we had a series of false alarms which was extraordinarily annoying… But of course we responded to them almost each time as though it were real. The noise was awful, and poor Max dove under the bed a couple of times before we had a chance to even really register what was going on. There was no getting Max out from under the bed. Thankfully we knew it wasn't a real fire, but nonetheless it was a wake-up call that we had to be faster to grab the cats and also block off anything where they could hide that we couldn't get them out from under. Just mentioning this for others in case it helps.

So what were you filling the freezer with? :) Astrid looks like she was supervising.

Sheldon13

Staff member
@Maddie well next time you make it we might just need pictures. And if it's a good recipe, we might need that too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

janeypoos84

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I'd also be interested in hearing the tomatoe soup recipe. Glad is ok now, what a scare x

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Back