Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Astrid on Raw - first attempt

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So bought a thing of raw food today lol now to see if she will eat it. It's buddies natural pet food apparently lol just grabbed one from the freezer that was in trial form. Don't need $30+ to toss if she hates it.
Now to wait for it to defrost!
Will be used more so as a treat, 3-4 times a week. Won't be completely switching if she likes it: don't have the freezer space.
So hopefully with how much she is hating her new diet, she will be hungry enough to at least try it for dinner. It's turkey and tuna so I'm hoping Miss Picky will at least lick it lol
Will keep you guys updated!
IMG_3443.JPG

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Well we have our first protest -.- intentionally smacked the chick off the top shelf. She waited till I looked aver and pushed it off after making eye contact. She knows she did wrong. Getting all the loves at the moment with super loud purs, after she ran around like a chicken with its head chopped off. Even headbutting my phone lol
Hopefully my brother can fix it though! So will see.
IMG_3444.JPG
IMG_3445.JPG
IMG_3448.JPG

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Sheldon13
Pretty much! Good thing she is cute!! Thankfully it was not one of my favourite ones, those are at the very top where she cant jump up to at least

sphynxmoms

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
WOW if that's what she does when you are being nice to her...I'd hate to see what she sis if you weren't LOL

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@sphynxmoms see she thinks she has the last say lol I got a lecture when she was not given her dinner kibble. Instead she got half a scoop and a scoop on the wet food lol

MollysMom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I swear by fortiflora as a topper to get them to eat almoat anything. Check if your vet sells the individual pouches just to try it, if it helps her get over the hurdle :) Have heard good things about bonito flakes too

meandmytwo

Lairian
Oh ya, fortiflora might work. You could sprinkle a little on the dry food that she likes already, to get her used to the fortiflora... then when you try wet or raw sprinkle some on that so that all the options taste a little bit the same. Nothing you can do for the texture though, if that is what she has a problem with.

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Will have to see if I can find it. I don't need a whole box, that's all I can find online

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Day two: nope! Lol but she ate the half scoop of kibble smoushed into it. Picky princess cleaned off each piece

Johanna

Lairian
So bought a thing of raw food today lol now to see if she will eat it. It's buddies natural pet food apparently lol just grabbed one from the freezer that was in trial form. Don't need $30+ to toss if she hates it.
Now to wait for it to defrost!
Will be used more so as a treat, 3-4 times a week. Won't be completely switching if she likes it: don't have the freezer space.
So hopefully with how much she is hating her new diet, she will be hungry enough to at least try it for dinner. It's turkey and tuna so I'm hoping Miss Picky will at least lick it lol
Will keep you guys updated!
View attachment 78113
I thought they would take to raw immediately but my Luna didn't like it so much. I tried earlier this month with Stella and Chewy brand but she refused to try it so I gave up quickly after 2-3 days. Good luck to you and your sphynx baby

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Astrid had apparently never eaten wet food, even when the breeder would try lol been a life long thing apparently

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Oh dear, oh dear. I wish I could transfer some of the love of raw from my little piggies to Astrid.

You could try a different type of raw. Stella and chewys is more kibble like. Might take to that. If she does, then add a bit of water, increasing over time until it's more wet food like.

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm trying to get my hands on the Stella freeze dried stuff. Mom just got it for the puppy lol my pet store has it but only as actual raw, which is weird. They just got it though so hopefully they get it in!

Back