Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Astrid's Adventures: Sun Tanning

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So it's decent weather today, and Astrid wanted to go outside lol she proceeded to lounge around and roll. The cement blocks get pretty warm so I'm assuming that's why
She can't be allowed out yet alone: don't need a suicide jumping cat through the bars, so have to figure something out.
IMG_3092.JPG
IMG_3093.JPG
IMG_3096.JPG

She's so orange! Was just bathed too lol and rinsed twice, apparently it's not enough

Mal

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Pete has been whining like crazy at our patio the last few days with all this beautiful weather!

We too are on a balcony but im on the ground level so sometimes (who am I kidding)....Pete will just throught the railings
and onto the grass so then I jump the balcony and supervise him (Its a fenced off area but you never know)

Tomorrow its supose to be +27 here so after work and in the evening we are taking the boys over to my moms for some backyard time and a fire. Super excited as it will be Phils first big adventure outside!

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Nice!
Yea I'm second floor, but everything is on top of the parking so really I'm three floors up. Don't need Astrid thinking she has wings lol

Mal

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Ahh never!

Would your condo board get mad if you put up like chicken wire or something just as a safe guard?

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm not sure lol one lady has lattice up and they seem to be fine with it. It's a new complex so strata isn't too picky st the moment. Many other things to deal with lol

Mal

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Oh perfect!

They are pretty strict where I live but I dont think it would stop Pete any way, he has certain bushes and rocks he needs to smell.....on a daily basis apparently haha.

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
you could always get him a teather lol like those outdoor leashes the stick into the ground. then he can roam but still be attached

Mal

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I "LOL"'d at that only because PETE HATES HIS LEASH!

Although...tonight I am going to try to let him walk over to my moms this evening so I will give it a shot again!

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Astrid, the goddess of the sun! Love to see her so happy and relaxing in the sun.

Maybe you could put nettings before the bars. You can easily attach it around the bars and easily remove it again.

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yes definitely many possibilities to cover up the bars thankfully

@Mal lol maybe it'll just take practice: we he realizes it gets him outside maybe it'll be different!

Mal

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
He likes to be in control, and with a leash on he has figured out he isnt! but yeah worth another few trys for sure!

Mal

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Oh good call! Maybe I will look into that! I will see how tonights adventure of the walk over to my moms go!

Totally looking forward to Phils first big outing outside!

Do you find that Astrid is just exhausted after spending a fair amount of time outside?
Last summer we took Pete to my moms numerous times for late after noon visits and an evening fire
and oh my goodness - the next day you would think that Pete was hung over - so lazy and just wanted to sleep the day away!!!

It must be the sun and all that fresh air!

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
You could check the spca if they have a donation spot: you might be able to pick one up and only pay a small donation.

Astrid hasn't spent too much time outside. Maybe 15-20 minutes max each time.But nice weather is just starting here so will have to see now that it's possible to take her out lol

Mal

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Oh thats a good idea!

hehe well Pete for sure is just asleep to world the next day if he gets to spend a good chunk of time outside! My mom has a covered
deck so I dont have to worry about him getting sun burnt so thats always nice!

I read today on the Sphynxlair Facebook group today that if our na-kids ever get burnt you can put condensed milk on them and it helps get rid of the burn!

Jynxified

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
a fairly cheap but really easy way to fix up a railing is to pick up some carpet runner it is about 1.5 - 2 ft wide clear plastic and is sold by the foot. just weave it through. it doesn't look to bad and takes care of the gaps nicely.

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
As I'm going to be building "Catio #1" tomorrow...
I picked up some cheap (relative, since I needed lots) "Privacy Mesh" (Plastic) today, which will be the main surround of the catio. It's purple lol. That might be the cheapest and safest option for your balcony. Or just use some chain link fencing.

I will take pix when I'm building / done. The catio will be in sections, so it can be easily removed when winter comes, so it won't be damaged.

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
BTW... I'm making screen sections that are hooked together with a hinge, so they can be easily disassembled. You could theoretically do something like that and fix it to the balcony for when she's out, and fold it up when she's not. Then it's not a fixed thing and really no one can complain. Get a couple of boards and put screen on it in squares/rectangles, and hinge them together so you can fold it out/in. Done.

Back