Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Astrid's Catio: tether line ☀️

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So I came up with a cheap, and removable solution so Astrid can be outside by herself.
In total it cost me 5$ and it allows her to go all over the patio and no be able to get out. I live on the third floor technically, so cannot have her getting curious and trying to wiggle under the bars.

So here is my solution:
1 6m tie-out cable
1 leash

Then I just tied up the tether and added on the leash after cutting it to the right length, the tether is a bit too long but the other one should have just been too short after wrapping to give some slack.

Now hopefully the strata is fine with it lol people have lattice up so I should be fine

IMG_3405.JPG
IMG_3406.JPG

IMG_3407.JPG

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Ha. You'd be surprised. Jez sits in the catio and devises new escape plans every day. Even Livvy is quite the escape artist.
Personally, I would put either plexiglas sheets or a cat net in front of the bars, if you're able. (I know you're not allowed to enclose it)
Easily removed, but an extra "tempt me not" barrier. Or for a quickish solution... Put zip ties on the corner in discreet spots, make a loop so you can use a karabiner hook to clip some mesh when you need it. That way it's a 3 minute job to remove the mesh, it's not permanently fixed, and should do the trick. (I'd keep the tether line tho)

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
If it becomes a problem, definitely. If she's on the patio, I'm right there on the couch. So I don't know if she's even try. She doesn't go near the bars unless I'm right behind her. She looks st me with the, is this safe? and I pull her back

meandmytwo

Lairian
Good idea and easy to rig up! Would be great for when I'm on my deck, my boys can join me for a bit. Allow my hands to be free with whatever I am doing. But, they have yet to even be on leash. I'm sure they will be fine, must try soon.

Last edited:
Back