Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

At My Wits End

susi794

Staff member
Hi All,
My stud, Boo isn't getting along with most anybody these days. He chases the girls relentlessly and has almost come to blows with Dulcinea since she is spayed and doesn't want anything to do with him...and the other girls are snarling and slapping at him because he just won't quit trying to mate them. He huffs and puffs and snarls at Dulce because he wants to mate her and she's spayed and wants nothing to do with him. Moody, my old stud, hates him and they absolutely will not be able to be in the same room. I used to be able to put some of the girls with Boo so he wasn't all alone, but they don't like him much at the moment...andit's getting worse rather than better.
I don't know what to do. I don't want to just shut him up in one room and have that be all his life is...and I don't want to put him in a cage. He is an absolute lover when he is by himself and he doesn't spray or do anything else naughty---he just is so TOM when it comes to the girls. I wish there was someone looking for a sphynx who lives close enough to me to have them house Boo for me--I would retain ownership and be able to use him for stud, but then he could have a life with free run of his house and whoever he lives with would have a loving pet. If anyone is close and interested in the arrangement, please let me know. Or any of you other breeders out there, if you have any ideas for solutions, please let me know. I love Boo to pieces, but Moody was never this aggressive with the girls and I am at my wits end. Any advice?
Susi and the gang

emmysmom10

Lairian
o Susi I'm so sorry to hear that, I would take him in a heartbeat if I hadn't just hours ago agreed to take an 18 week old male:Cry: I will ask around because I am not to far away from you.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
How frustrating! It sounds like placing Boo in a home nearby while he's still intact might be your best option. I hope you find the right person/situation.

susi794

Staff member
I have to take back the offer of a share situation. It isn't the right thing to do for me or for Boo. We will just keep on like we're doing for the time being and I'll keep looking for a solution.

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Finding a one cat home nearby is an excellent idea. I hope this works out. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sounds like a real mess! I hope you find someone to keep him for you. I also wish I had something helpful to add, but I do not. Just Hugs!

On a completely unrelated topic, one of my Zoi pups will be going to a new home in Mi. Is Manchester near you?

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
There are no solutions for a situation like that except isolation, neuter or rehome.
Sure there are some products that are said to help some but every breeder I ever talked to about it said it's nonsense and never helped the slightest or at least far from enough.

If you wanna keep him as a stud I would for sure go for rehoming if at all possible. It will be better for his stress levels and certainly for your other cats. I do however understand that it is a tough situation for you (and the cats) but males are a problem in breeding when you have a group of cats living together, sad but true.
:Cry:

susi794

Staff member
Sounds like a real mess! I hope you find someone to keep him for you. I also wish I had something helpful to add, but I do not. Just Hugs!

On a completely unrelated topic, one of my Zoi pups will be going to a new home in Mi. Is Manchester near you?

I don't know where that is....but can look it up when I get the chance.

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Susi, that stinks about your current situation. bronxe is a terror with the girls too, but with only 3 it's manageable. We stay on top of him with them (and they get him back! lol)
i could only imagine how tough it is to keep everyone apart. and stressful on your this whole situation must be.
Keep you and your gang in my thoughts. hoping you get through this rough patch together as a family.

susi794

Staff member
Susi, that stinks about your current situation. bronxe is a terror with the girls too, but with only 3 it's manageable. We stay on top of him with them (and they get him back! lol)
i could only imagine how tough it is to keep everyone apart. and stressful on your this whole situation must be.
Keep you and your gang in my thoughts. hoping you get through this rough patch together as a family.

Thanks, we'll figure something out. I'm afraid to let them fight it out--even he and the girls--I don't want anyone hurt.

Gizzymom

Banned
Sorry you are going through this, Susi. It must be a horrible decision to make... but you also want to make sure that none of your other babies are in danger... And if Boo is being unpredictable... they may be. And you know Boo would hate being isolated... I hope you find a solution that your heart can deal with... Sending hugz and purz your way!:Sad:

susi794

Staff member
Sorry you are going through this, Susi. It must be a horrible decision to make... but you also want to make sure that none of your other babies are in danger... And if Boo is being unpredictable... they may be. And you know Boo would hate being isolated... I hope you find a solution that your heart can deal with... Sending hugz and purz your way!:Sad:

Boo wouldn't hurt anybody--he's just this teen age boy who just got his first taste of man action and he's a whole lot gung-ho about it. That's all he can think about at the moment. I'm hoping he will calm down some once it gets to be a little more "old hat". He's jsut exuberant and young and frisky as all get out!

Gizzymom

Banned
Boo wouldn't hurt anybody--he's just this teen age boy who just got his first taste of man action and he's a whole lot gung-ho about it. That's all he can think about at the moment. I'm hoping he will calm down some once it gets to be a little more "old hat". He's jsut exuberant and young and frisky as all get out!

I never meant on purpose... sorry if you thought that... I was referring to your hand. I would hate to see Moody at the receiving end of that...

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Have replied on Facebook.
much love, we will sort it out even if he has to come back to me but that's last resort/ extreme, and we will do everything before that happens.

Don't stress, we will sort that teenagers hormone out.:ThumbsUp:

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
If you wanna keep him as a stud I would for sure go for rehoming if at all possible. It will be better for his stress levels and certainly for your other cats. I do however understand that it is a tough situation for you (and the cats) but males are a problem in breeding when you have a group of cats living together, sad but true.
:Cry:

He can't be rehomed, he's my boy, he would have to come back to me rather than go to someone I don't know.

Googling herbs etc like crazy, but possibly letting the early dark nights take hold may help a little, so having him in your bedroom in the evenings rather than the living room with artificial lights. He's almost 18months so is like a hormonal teenager right now. His relatives are calm, no aggression problems.

Will figure something out.:Sweat:

susi794

Staff member
Over Christmas break, I will make the upstairs cat room a little homier--I'll drag one of the kitty trees up there and set up some better nests to snuggle in. Then we will figure out who gets along with whom and assign places. I will just keep Dulce and Moody together and hopefully there won't be any more problems. Most breeders I know of keep their boys and girls separated anyway to control the matings. I'll just make the upstairs as comfy as the downstairsand spend more time up there with them. I can watch tv there as easily as down here. Can bring my laptop up there too. And we can still rotate. It'll be ok...I'm just out of sorts, tired and not feeling well todayso everything looks ten times worse than it normally does. We'll be ok.

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
It will be ok Susan, honestly, we will figure it out.

Having the cats take over your whole home sounds like a plan. *next world domination* :LOL:

love ya, don't stress, if you do stress then rant away. hugs.

Back