Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Ate a cotton pad!!

Hillary

Lairian
Hey guys i need your advice,

I swear Norman is in terrible two mode lately!!! Into anything and everything he possibly can be, about two days ago he some how opened a bag of cotton pads and started eating one!! I ran and stuck my finger in there to get it before he swallowed but if course he was to quick and swallowed.

Now i have closely watched him since and he's eating and drinking lots and pooping as normal. However, he has periodically been throwing up since!

Just wondering if anybody has had a similar experience and if so is this something that he'll be able to pass naturally and is there anything i can give him to help him pass it?

Sheldon13

Staff member
If he is throwing up then it is likely causing an impaction and is unable to pass through. He will have to see a vet for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hillary

Lairian
He seemed to have passed it himself the next day! Hes back to being insane and running around like a mad man haha scared me enough to get pet insurance and lock everything away though ❤

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So happy your little man is ok
Don’t they just worry the heart out of you I guess the day they don’t be something not right within us
Happy munching Norman just try stick to products that have a nice smell and taste
:)
Hugs
Anita & Cleo

Traci Smith

Lairian
He seemed to have passed it himself the next day! Hes back to being insane and running around like a mad man haha scared me enough to get pet insurance and lock everything away though ❤

You know what Hillary, pet insurance is GREAT!!! I love PetsBest. I lost our Giza 4 months ago, and it was almost entirely covered and reembursed in 3 days. I am sure you have already chosen I just wanted to tell you my great experience. Lol!!! We didn’t think we needed it either, and then she put her snout in the Scenzy wax warmer!!!! Lol we didn’t see it so when she ran into our room the wax had fallen off but she was frothing and breathing frantic... scary as heck, but ran right out and got the insurance! Funny how it has to happen before we actually think it’s worth it! Good ‘ol eat everything weird sphynx quirkiness! So glad he is back to himself! :happy::ROFLMAO: