Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Athena pregnant? again?

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I know I cried wolf before on this but this time I really think shes pregnant! Tummies getting fat, nipples protruding more, I hope it's the real deal this time, I think ill film it, but last time the birth was a disaster, so ill see how it goes. :tinysmile_twink_t:

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Not exacltly sure , my wife would know better then me, I think x-rays will be done around june 20th, thats when you would be able to see the little bones, I forget how far long that is.:tinysmile_aha_t:

PitRottMommy

Banned
Not exacltly sure , my wife would know better then me, I think x-rays will be done around june 20th, thats when you would be able to see the little bones, I forget how far long that is.:tinysmile_aha_t:

That should be about 2 weeks before delivery. Here's to hoping!

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
YAY!!!!:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Let me know of she throws a male tux like the one in the pic you have in your album!:tinysmile_twink_t:

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I hope we get a boy from this litter, I may keep him! (shhhhh dont tell ilovemysphynx though!!!) yeah i will keep you guys up to date!:tinysmile_classes_t

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Congrats on Athena being pregnant...I will keep her and her new babies in my thoughts and prayers.

Just curious, Admin...how often can a female sphynx have litters before they are "retired"? I've heard different things from different breeders, but I know that sphynx have smaller litters than most cat breeds.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Im not sure, Im not really into making this a business or forcing continuous breeding, I just let it happen natural, and if she gets pregnant hooray! Our cats are strictly our loving pets and though I am registered I really do not call myself a cattery. I think I will stop breeding her at 3 or 4 years,and get another female if we are up to it, but will ask my vet his advice.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Well I think she is about 35 days give or take a day or two either way! :BigSmile: And to admin there will be no fillming what so ever unless you leave me and Kim to the birth put the camera in the room and you go downstairs because I think this time we are banning you from the room unles you promise to not stress, because if you are we might as well post the video some place else because it won't belong here:LOL:! Sorry Every one but he got so stressed the last time the poor guy, when it comes to giving birth he is cluless!!!! . ps. Sorry we are not keeping any:Shok:

Brooke

Banned
hmmm, just wondering if there will be a sphynlair.com members discount for kittens?? Just thought I'd throw that out there...

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Sure if all you members come over and help with them clean, potty train and get used to taking A bath. Play with them every day ( ok thats and easy one) :Wink: but someone could tell admin to help, he has to start by cleaning his mess in the attic so I can put everything back up there that is in Athena's baby room or we will have no happy place for them! ::Sweat:

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Who gets the naming rights? I have the perfect name. El Gato Loco. hehehe :Dizzy: I wish I could get another kitty. I really want a tux but I'm really not in a position to get another kitty right now. Maybe in a year or two.

You're not keeping the babies? Well, I hope you find a good home for them. Maybe someone on the forums will adopt them so we can read stories and look at pictures of them growing up. It'll be like a reality show for kittens. Or like the Truman Show.

Ha, as I was typing this out I looked up in the ad's at the top of the page and noticed an advertisement for Frontline flea medicine. This may sound like a stupid question but sphynx's don't get fleas do they?

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I did get a bit stressed, I never thought I would have to cut an umbilical cord and have to tie a peice of thread on it!:Sweat: It was a bit hectic that day and night, but I had fun bringing them up to get ready for their new homes, ill miss those little boogers!:Smile:

PitRottMommy

Banned
Who gets the naming rights? I have the perfect name. El Gato Loco. hehehe :Dizzy: I wish I could get another kitty. I really want a tux but I'm really not in a position to get another kitty right now. Maybe in a year or two.

You're not keeping the babies? Well, I hope you find a good home for them. Maybe someone on the forums will adopt them so we can read stories and look at pictures of them growing up. It'll be like a reality show for kittens. Or like the Truman Show.

Ha, as I was typing this out I looked up in the ad's at the top of the page and noticed an advertisement for Frontline flea medicine. This may sound like a stupid question but sphynx's don't get fleas do they?

Any mammal can get fleas. Even humans receive the occasional flea bite. Infestation are much reduced in animals with minimal fur because fleas have little ability to "hang on" with nothing there. So, short answer, yes--they can get fleas. And ticks, too.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
I am very excited I was just laying on the couch and Athena was curled up with me, she is extra loving being pregnant and as I was loving her back I felt the babies moving!:BigSmile: It is just so cool, we have been waiting to feel them I called hubby over fast and he felt too! Now I know that my trip to the vet on Fri. is not too early and we will be able to see them in the X-ray!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I am very excited I was just laying on the couch and Athena was curled up with me, she is extra loving being pregnant and as I was loving her back I felt the babies moving!:BigSmile: It is just so cool, we have been waiting to feel them I called hubby over fast and he felt too! Now I know that my trip to the vet on Fri. is not too early and we will be able to see them in the X-ray!

Wow, that is so cool that you were able to feel the babies moving! Just like with people. What a special moment to share with Athena! :BigSmile:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Well this is my luck was awaiting Friday for the x-ray and just before I was going to get Athena to the car the phone rang, it was the vets office they had no power so couldn't do the x-ray:Cry: So we have to wait till Monday. Keep ya posted !

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Ok guys x-ray is in! I guessed 4 kittens before the vet visit and I was right it's 4! Look close on her left side, the kitty actually looks like an alien! Can you find all the babies in the pic? :BigSmile:
click on picture to enlarge

Attachments

• CR094620003.jpg
    CR094620003.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 38

PitRottMommy

Banned
Ok guys x-ray is in! I guessed 4 kittens before the vet visit and I was right it's 4! Look close on her left side, the kitty actually looks like an alien! Can you find all the babies in the pic? :BigSmile:

Radiographs are one of my favorite things in veterinary medicine! It's like knowing the answer to the riddle before it's even mentioned...lol.

eva_jae

Lairian
I'm not experienced in breeding at all, so I hope this isn't a naive question... but I know it's considered risky to have x-rays on your abdomen done when you're pregnant. Does that not apply to animals as well?

Back