Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Attn: NJ, CA, TX and IL members!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gizzymom

Banned
I was on Petfinder today... which I regularly check for sphynxies... and found 5 beauties!!! Here is the scoops:

Horas (NJ) 2-3 year old male from a hoarder
NJ83_18219200-1-x.jpg
Petfinder Adoptable Cat | Sphynx (Hairless Cat) | Hamilton, NJ | HORUS

Ramses (NJ) 5-6 year old male from a hoarder
NJ83_18219216-1-x.jpg
Petfinder Adoptable Cat | Sphynx (Hairless Cat) | Hamilton, NJ | RAMSES

Scarab (CA) 10 year old female (has been on petfinder a LONG time)
CA652_17885904-3-x.jpg
Petfinder Adoptable Cat | Sphynx (Hairless Cat) | Vacaville, CA | Scarab

Aleutian (TX) 8 year old male
69483625.jpg
Petfinder Adoptable Cat | Sphynx (Hairless Cat) | Roanoke, TX | Aleutian

Daisy (IL) 2 year old female - has allergies and a heart murmur (this one breaks my heart)
IL25_18255115-1-x.jpg
Petfinder Adoptable Cat | Sphynx (Hairless Cat) | St. Charles, IL | Daisy

Pass the word, Lair Members!!! These babies need forever homes for the new year!! Please update if you find someone.... These little ones are breaking my heart :Cry:

pooner

Banned
These poor babies, the ones from the hoarder just look like they are crying out for some love:Cry::Cry:
I hope they all find homes, it breaks my heart to see them all especially the last one with allergies and heart murmur poor thing might not have a long life and she sure deserves to be loved for the rest of her life.
I will keep my eyes and ears open for anyone looking to rehome a sphynx.

Gizzymom

Banned
Ok Jody one is in your state? HMMM maybe Gizzy can get a buddy?:Wink:

That is the little girl with allergies and heart murmur... I wish I could:Cry:

But I love what Giz and I have... And he is a VERY jealous little guy - I would never do anything to turn his world upside down.

Gullivers Keeper

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I posted the girl on my BF facebook. They are looking for a Sphynx, It is her, her fiancée and their 5 year old boy (my Godson) It says extensive testing has been done and there has been no reason found for the murmur, so the kitty will probably live a long normal life.

Gizzymom

Banned
I posted the girl on my BF facebook. They are looking for a Sphynx, It is her, her fiancée and their 5 year old boy (my Godson) It says extensive testing has been done and there has been no reason found for the murmur, so the kitty will probably live a long normal life.

Thanks, Anita.... I just love her.... If someone we know gets her - I would LOVE to meet her...:Laugh:

mom2Isis

Lairian
I just put this on my Facebook. I live only minutes from the one in Texas. I wish I could take him myself, but I am just getting my new girl adjusted and her health issues under control. I can't do this to her, but it is killing me to not be able to get him. I hope he goes to a great home! Thanks for alerting us. I check Petfinder.com a few times a week, too.

Gizzymom

Banned
I just put this on my Facebook. I live only minutes from the one in Texas. I wish I could take him myself, but I am just getting my new girl adjusted and her health issues under control. I can't do this to her, but it is killing me to not be able to get him. I hope he goes to a great home! Thanks for alerting us. I check Petfinder.com a few times a week, too.

Update:

Just checked Petfinder and Aleutian is not listed anymore... I hope he found a forever home. I will call the rescue tomorrow or Monday and see if I can find out...

But in the meantime... 3 MORE babies popped up on Petfinder... I don't know what is going on with the overload of rescue sphynx... :Cry:

Take a look, everyone, and spread the word!!

CLEOPATRA (NJ) - 2-3 year old female (another one from the hoarder!)
NJ83_18264785-1-pn.jpg
Petfinder Adoptable Cat | Sphynx (Hairless Cat) | Hamilton, NJ | CLEOPATRA

MINI (FL) - 8 year old female
FL780_18265827-1-pn.jpg
Petfinder Adoptable Cat | Sphynx (Hairless Cat) | Jacksonville, FL | Mini

NIM (MA) - 10 year old sphynx / devon mix
MA147_18203429-1-pn.jpg
Petfinder Adoptable Cat | Sphynx (Hairless Cat) | Jacksonville, FL | Mini

*I hope it's OK that I added to this, ilovemysphynx. I wanted to keep it on the same thread and they are rescues from Petfinder.:Laugh:

Harry Spotter

Lairian
I jsut inquired about Daisy in Illinois. They said they want her to be the only pet in the house. She also has HCM and some allergies. I said we would take her if no one wanted her but I don't know. I have never done a rescue before. Hopefully there is someone in Il that can take her and give her a furever home with the medical care she needs.

pooner

Banned
We talked with the owner, we are going to fill out the paper work to rescue Daisy. We are hoping that this will work out for Daisy and for Harry and Fiona.

OH poor babies. I was wondering what the monthly cost of medication is for HCM cats? Have to get my guys scanned again in February.

Are you sure she has HCM? The post only says heart murmur. Well, if she does have HCM here is some information from my experience. Hope it helps

Pooner takes atenelol for HCM and it is very inexpensive. I get it at the Target pharmacy (just like where a human would) It is about $6.00 for two months. I then have to buy pill pockets at the pet store to put the pill in so he will eat it. Pill pockets are anywhere from $5.00 to $8.00 a package and he usually goes through a package a month. So I don't find the medication too expensive. The pricey part is his blood toxicology screens right now every 6 months ($70) and his cardio follow ups right now he has to go for a 6 month scan but they say after that he should be going about every 10-12 months. My cardiologist charged around $375 for his first scan and the follow up as long as they are done on time are about $300. Sometimes they do like to take a chest xray which can be $100 to $120 at my vet however, the cardiologist is usually happier to do the echo rather than xray since it shows more information, so I've only had one set of chest xrays taken so far.
Prices will very amongst different doctors and states and I don't know if they always prescribe atenelol or if they use other meds as well.
Hope this information helps. I really hope you can manage to adopt the kitty. It really deserves to spend the rest of its little life in a loving home, especially since it will probably be a shorter life than most sphynx :Cry:

Gizzymom

Banned
We talked with the owner, we are going to fill out the paper work to rescue Daisy. We are hoping that this will work out for Daisy and for Harry and Fiona.

They specifically said she has HCM?? Cuz the ad said a heart murmur and that extensive testing has been done.

Where in IL are you Harry Spotter?? I am in the southwest suburbs of Chicago.
That would be sooo cool if someone on SL can give her a wonderful forever home!:Laugh:

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Harry Spotter- if anyone could give a rescue kitty a good home, I think you'd be able to.

It's a really special bond when you bring home a rescue kitty versus a kitty from a breeder. NOT that I'd ever knock a good breeder- because a lifetime of support can mean the world to a kitten owner- but rescues are very very special too :) They seem to know that you were there to save them- and they seem to have this special love that only rescues can give.

Good luck!

tessblack

Banned
Are you sure she has HCM? The post only says heart murmur. Well, if she does have HCM here is some information from my experience. Hope it helps

Pooner takes atenelol for HCM and it is very inexpensive. I get it at the Target pharmacy (just like where a human would) It is about $6.00 for two months. I then have to buy pill pockets at the pet store to put the pill in so he will eat it. Pill pockets are anywhere from $5.00 to $8.00 a package and he usually goes through a package a month. So I don't find the medication too expensive. The pricey part is his blood toxicology screens right now every 6 months ($70) and his cardio follow ups right now he has to go for a 6 month scan but they say after that he should be going about every 10-12 months. My cardiologist charged around $375 for his first scan and the follow up as long as they are done on time are about $300. Sometimes they do like to take a chest xray which can be $100 to $120 at my vet however, the cardiologist is usually happier to do the echo rather than xray since it shows more information, so I've only had one set of chest xrays taken so far.
Prices will very amongst different doctors and states and I don't know if they always prescribe atenelol or if they use other meds as well.
Hope this information helps. I really hope you can manage to adopt the kitty. It really deserves to spend the rest of its little life in a loving home, especially since it will probably be a shorter life than most sphynx :Cry:

Thanks I was curious about the cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back